1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. suniljm

suniljm

Hyderabad
    Thanks guys for confidence inspiring posts. I was cursing myself for buying Fiat against the advice of many of my friends and cousins. I should be able to get it rectified tomorrow. My vehicle too was 2011 may make.
  2. suniljm

suniljm

Hyderabad
    I took the vehicle to Malik Cars SC this morning and contacted Fiat SA by name Sashi. He immediately attended and took a small test drive. After returning he explained what needs to be done to the mechanics. It required some tightening of link rods which they did in 10 mts. We again took a test drive and confirmed that the problem has been fixed. I was out of the SC with in half an hour. no formalities. no paper work. I am quite happy with the service done by Malik Cars, Hyderabad.
  3. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    Zakkass enjoy ur punto . . . . .
  4. XGYo

XGYo

Bangalore
    Are you saying that i show it to a mechanic or the service center? How would i know if its new or old? I'm not even that good with car parts
  5. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune
    For hard gear shift, changing the clutch slave cylinder might not help much. I faced same issue. First they changed the CSC with a metallic one. The difference was not much. Later they changed the pressure plate. After changing the pressure plate there was a huge difference.

But check with TASS to diagnose the exact problem.
  6. I have faced all the above problems you mentioned.
    For #1,there is no solution, i switched to alloys
    For #2, you can do it yourself by having a feviquick or something and stick the beading properly in its place
    and for #3, i changed the clutch slave cylinder to steel type, no change in gearshift. one more thing might be that fiat gears are little harder compared to other cars, as i was used to Santro i felt it tougher to shift the gears. some times i find difficulties in shifting to 1st gear.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    If you have installed an aftermarket antenna, this problem could be due to that also.
    for me few drops of water used to drip from the edges of the cabin light. This happened when starting to move the car after leaving it parked in heavy rain for some time
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ok, so the second service is due and I am going for it this Friday.

The suspension seems to be softer than before. Ride isn't that great on ?undulating roads. Main issue is the rattles that erupted after just a 10Km drive on rough road in first gear. "Maybe I should have glided over the rough roads in 5th gear as claimed in various auto shows and reviews regarding Punto rather than slowing down to first gear."

I regret buying Punto (over base variant of Safari/Scorpio) if the rattles remain unsorted post delivery. Only reason for spending on a European hatch was to enjoy a rattle free drive after M800 experience for the past 10 years.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its comparative comment. May be you can try sitting in other cars on same road, might give you idea of the difference.

Try to locate the rattle area, rattles are always tough to point, but fix would be simple.

Hmm, my Alto, same distance covered, rattles much more.:p
  10. XGYo

XGYo

Bangalore
    Thanks Chethan,Mevrick,Shams....I'll get it checked with TASS for the dignosys.