1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

When i bought my punto, I thought the sunglasses holder could easily be fitted, but my service adviser said Punto has no holes on the drivers side to fit the handle / sunglasses holder from the Linea.

The only option he suggested was make holes manually, but a risky job cos too much drilling could see the drill go through all the way outside.. (or scratch the body sheet from the inside)

The drilling already voids the warranty!!

If there were holes present, FIAT would have provided those 2 clips covering the holes there which are found in lower variants of the Linea.

NOTE: I dont know if the new Punto's come with these holes in them. My Punto was among the 1st batch..
  2. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Finally Fiat has got involved and had sent their vendor(Denso) to check the car. They have asked the SC to replace the AC control unit and then they will be checking it again. I hope this will solve my problem of AC. I have to wait some more time till this unit is received by the SC. The AC control unit is a direct import from Italy with the programme.
  3. RAAM

Navi Mumbai
    Water in the Fuel Filter Warning Light glowing in a Petrol Car - What to do next

I noticed a unique problem in my Punto 1.2 Emotion. The warning light in the right extereme bottom of the panel started glowing mildly from day before yesterday.

Please refer to the photo attached (boxed in red).

When I referred to the manual, i figured out that this was specific to MJD versions and doesnt apply to FIRE Versions (please correct me if my understanding is wrong). Also there was no mention as what to be done when this appears in a Pertol Car.

The warning doesnot glow brightly as other lights glow, it is a very mild glow and hardly noticeable during day, but it is continuously glowing as and when the key is in 'MAR' position.

Need experts opinion on what this implies and what I should do next. I find the feedback / discussions on this forum to be more informative and precise than the knowledge levels of SAs at TASC.

Please help.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  4. XGYo

Punto active MJD-Six months issues

My punto active MJD is 6 month old and already on 10000Kms. I ve certain small issue with the car which were not reported by me:

1. The wheel caps are tightened in the middle and the outline of the caps does not fit on the wheel and keeps coming out, So many times , people on the road tell me that the wheel is uneven and would be coming out whereas i know they are talking about the wheel cap coming out.
    2. The rubber packing between windshield and top is slightly coming out and whenever there are rains i feel a droplet or two seeps in.
    3. The gears don't change smoothly and i feel ther's an issue there.
    I uderstand that these are minor issues however a person like me who does not want to spend much time on the car, would ignore these. The issue is i don't know if there are other major issues which i haven't even noticed till now and think that the car runs underpowered?
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    If water is dripping inside, get this replaced under warranty.
    Check the clutch slave cylinder is new steel one, if not, get it replaced.
  6. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Disconnect the battery for like 15 mins and reconnect it... if the error is still there then there is no other DIY option.

You have to visit the TASC. And in Navi mumbai there are some really good service centres.
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    In diesel cars "Water in Diesel" warning light flashes in yellow color. In your car warning light is showing red color.

In petrol cars, is this warning " Water in Petrol" ? :confused:
  8. vks

This is applicable to only diesel engines - since you have a petrol version, get it checked if it doesn't go even after the DIY mentioned by Chaos.

In diesel fuel filter, if water is detected or crosses the allowed qty (yes, its normal!!), this light should illuminate. If it comes up while driving, its ok to drive further but need to go TASS soon.. there will be a drainage valve in the filter & the excess water need to be drained off.

But if the light comes up soon after a fuel-filling, stop the car at the nearest / quickest safe side & switch off the engine - The fuel could be really bad & can damage injector systems.[I am sorry, I do not know the diesel fuel filter location in my FGP. I will try to locate it tomorrow!]
  9. suniljm

Problems in new Punto 175 KMs driven

I bought new a Punto MJD Emotion Pack 3 days back and have driven 175KM so far.

1) This evening I went to a place which is around 20KM away. While returning home the car started giving "KAT" "KAT" sound whenever front wheels go over speed brakers or bad patches. This happens even if I go slow over speed brackers or bad patches. Any views on what could be the problem?

2) After reaching home I parked the vehicle in my apartment parking lot and got out of the car to notice left front and left rear parking lights ON. Only left parking lights; I got into the car and switched them OFF and switched ON again. This time also only left (both front and rear) parking lights were ON. What happened to the my right parking lights?

10. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

'khat khat' i guess its a link rod issue. get it checked. get your electricals checked too. didnt u do PDI.
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2011