1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Rattle from the dash board/ left door seems to be a common issue with most of the new puntos. Even my car this issue for the first few days. I got it rectified once and it never came back again, two years gone now after that.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  3. punto90hp

punto90hp Timido

KANNUR
    moderators please move this thread to another section like minor issues & questions. thanks for you help.
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What Linea parts can be modded onto the Punto?

Dear members,

Linea is one car that is so loaded with features that even higher segment cars like Jetta, Laura's middle variants feel uncomfortable while a Linea is around.

Some of the Linea parts have successfully been ported to the hatchback sibling Punto by many owners, the commonest being the Linea's front armrest.

Now, can some of the other exclusive Linea features be ported over to Punto?

The list of three desirable and possible looking features are as following:
    1. The sunglass holder on driver side.
    2. The front cabin lights with those orange ambient LED lights.
    3. Rear cabin light.
  5. Sorry, i might be very lazy to search the forum, how much is the cost for each parts you have described above?
  6. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Chetan, Linea armrest costs Rs3400 for all the four parts (armrest+bracket+3 screws+ornament+rear AC vent). Fitting charges extra.

For rest of the spares, I know the part number but not the price. Bigger question is that is it possible?

I am fed up of dark rear cabin at night. I want some alternative for rear cabin light
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Though its not replacement from Linea, Fiat accessory does have rear (reading) light option for Punto.
    Part Number: 59116475 | MRP: RS.1290

L_reading-lamp.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  8. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ravi ji, I was supposed to say this in my last post but I forgot while typing. I was sure someone would come up with this idea otherwise.

That reading lamp illuminates a very small area as it concentrates all its light on a small circular area (ideal for reading a book at night).

@Kdar- :lol: Thats funny dude. My Galaxy TAB with Vodafone2G keeps on doing this. There have been a lot of duplicate posts from me lately but all thanks to Ravi ji who is lightening quick. :)
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The sunglass holder should be a direct swap.

As for lighting at the rear, you'll be better off installing an aftermarket LED setup at the corners of the roof lining than in the centre, where the Linea has a rear light.

Because installing it in the centre may involve cutting up or something similar and that's not recommended.

Gurjinder
    1 person likes this.
  10. Me Too - I want rear cabin light!!