1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. gaur4v

gaur4v

Chandigarh
    Re: Punto active steering lock not working

they said there was some minor issue in lock :steering , they have adjusted manually :up . Also, i have requested them to give me job card so that i can keep it for future reference if by chance same problem arises :devil
  2. Re: Punto active steering lock not working

@Amit .. i tried lock in my Linea today .. I had to turn it about 45 degrees clockwise and then stop the engine it got locked. I was not able to turn streering that much after engine was turned off due to lack of PS.
  3. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam

Angle at which steering gets locked can get altered due to wheel alignment also. If the alignment was grossly out, the lock position of steering column will shift due to the settings. I have seen this progressively happen on my Uno.
  4. Re: Punto active steering lock not working

kaps do you own an UNO too !!! I guess we are alike .. i too had an UNO previous to my Linea.. I still have it at my hometown in Goa
  5. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
  6. Re: Punto active steering lock not working

Atul, I don't think that is 'locking the steering'. I was doing this as well and mentioned this a few posts back. Today, after I turned the key to 'STOP', and removed the key, I turned the steering,inadvertently . Then when I put the key in and tried to turn the key to MAR, it wouldn't turn. Rocked the steering and I was able to turn the key. I think I had the locked the steering for the first time today !!
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Absolutely. the correct description of Steering lock. I'll have to get it checked in my Linea in 30K kms service
  8. Re: Punto active steering lock not working

ancientmariner i might have not worded it correctly .I was able to lock my steering.What i meant was i was not able to get the steering into the position thats required for lock (45 degrees clockwise) after engine has been turned off due to lack of PS.So i moved the steering in required position before cutting off the engine and it got locked .. I too had to rock the steering a bit to move my key to ON position.

My previous UNO too had a steering lock similar to this only difference was in UNO i could move my steering to lock position after engine cut-off in Linea am not able to since steering becomes stiff due to lack of PS and i don't want to damage anything by trying to move it forcibly ::D
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Actually, what I experienced with steering lock in other cars & also in my Linea earlier is that there is no pre-set position like 45-degrees you mentioned to lock it. Whichever position steering is in when you remove the key & flick the steering quickly on left or right (only slightly 2-5 degrees), it snugly fits into lock (you can feel it getting fixed in something like a groove from where it won't budge)
  10. Re: Punto active steering lock not working

Amit, i tried to do that lot of times it always locks when steering is rotated 45 degrees...as i mentioned it used to be similar in my UNO.if i move it 1-2 degrees it doesn't lock .. just try what i said with your linea and see if it locks.