1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No need to go for any paint protection coating. Keep waxing each 2-3 months. Spend your money somewhere else.
  2. arjunr

arjunr Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi Rohit,

At what Kms did you replace the brake pad and brake disc ? What was the reason . I read in one of the posts that brake disc and brake pad are also covered under warranty. That`s why I was asking. Those guys in Concorde Diary Circle asked me to pay . I will also upload the bill sometime.

I checked your bill :) I`m surprised why I was charged .. Is it a good idea to take the bill and show them ?
  3. rohit tunga

rohit tunga Amatore

Bangalore
    The problem that I had was shuddering of steering wheel due to inconsistent wear on one of the disc.
    When I went to Concorde Motors Dairy circle, they informed that it belonged to "wear and tear" and I had to pay up. But I wasn't convinced somehow and went straight to Mysore road centre. They examined and said that its a manufacturing defect and will be covered under warranty.
    According to them, clutch and brakes will come under warranty if and only if the car has clocked less than 10000 km. Fortunately mine had 9300km on the odo.
    If your car has clocked more than 10000km, then i'm afraid you have to pay .
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Thats the same stuff i explained as in Reduction box, transmission ratio + inertia+ friction.
  5. GopinB

GopinB Timido

Itanagar
    FIAT WARRANTY POLICY:
    --The warranty expressly excludes normal/regular maintenance/service;normal deterioration of paint,trim,parts subject to normal wear and tear such as brake pads,clutch disc, wheels,tyres etc. and other appearance terms
  6. punto90hp

punto90hp Timido

KANNUR
    minor issues? i dont think so.

let me tell you all this firs. i really love the driving experience with my punto90hp..
    now directly on to the problems i faced.
    @ 250 kms my a/c stopped working. that was on a saturday. went to a TASS. they told refrigerant has leaked, should be because of a faulty O-ring (their experience with some puntos). After sometime i am informed its not the problem, they are unable to diagnose. it seemed like they all were in a hurry to go home as its weekend. I thought i will blast the dealer who sold me the car.
    later on it was diagnosed that my A/C compressor is not working, and should be replaced. A/C compressor failing after just 250 kms?? :A. TASS guys sales and service team tried to console me, saying it’s the first time something like this happened. They told it will take around one week for getting spare compressor. After 3-4 days I get call from the service centre and next surprise. There has been a fire in the warehouse and supply of spare is delayed. They did show me the circular from Tata motors regarding the fire. Anyway they have discussed my issue and decided to do this. remove compressor from a new punto in their yard and fit it into mine. I don’t have a choice so I agreed. And that resolved the AC issue (well only for few weeks.
    so I drove my punto happily for few days. Then starts the rattling issues. Sound from dashboard, steering column and roof. I couldn’t visit the service for 2 weeks. When I got time, most of their technicians were on leave on that day, so only the sound from dashboard was fixed. It was due to the A/C pipes.
    After 2 days my A/C stopped working. This time I went to the service centre, they changed the o-ring (I think it’s the condenser inlet pipe). But another problem, the condenser itself is leaking. A new one was ordered. They did rectify most of the rattling noises. Now the noise from roof is remaining. But the Service Centre guy told me he is unable to rectify and had already raised the issue with fiat ( 3-4 puntos have reported the same problem).
    This is what happened to my punto. I don’t know what to say about fiat. I am hoping after these problems are rectified I can enjoy my days with punto.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2011
  7. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    are you getting a krrr-krrr kind of sound from roof on uneven roads...??
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Even i get this noise from rooflining, but mine is a rebuilt car with a changed roof lining. hope to get it sorted out soon
  9. amitgreat

amitgreat

Gurgaon
    I also have faced a/c problem after 3k km, Dhingra Motors gurgaon taken 3 days. They told some part which is not available, is need to be replaced but after replacing that nothing happen finally ABS motors refilled a/c gas after that it start cooling. I did not pay a single penny for any task.
  10. Hi Guys!!!!!!!
    My Punto arrived yesterday finally... i willbe posting the pics soon..
    Thanks
    Sanjeev