1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Ahhh....

There is no ''compressor surge'' in a diesel. Very simple reason- because there is no throttle body, like there is in a petrol, so no compressor surge.

Cheers.
  2. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    So Palio Diesel is non turbocharged and it still has "retardation". Is this transmission friction? In my case I feel it distinctly for 2nd gear (of course 1st), but I don't feel it for 3rd and above (I think so, at least not so acutely).
  3. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    After 2 weeks I am back to square one, as the AC is still not working as required. The vent temperature keep varying from 15degs to 30 degs when I set the temp @ 21degs. There is sure problem with some sensor which the SC is not able to locate. Now they have informed me that the issue will be taken up with Fiat and they will let me know within 2-3 days. The above problem also persists.

I have purchased a thermometer to show them the problem :).
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
  5. HELP PLS!!!
    Hi Guys,
    As i had mentioned about my booking of Punto 90 hp (i had a horrible experience with Galy motors which i will be posting while writing my ownership report.), i receieved the chasis number today . It is MCA*****B********EMZ. I understand this is a may manufactured car.

Will it be prudent to go ahead with a nearly 2 month old car??? (i personally believe its ok- still need some expert advice)

Thanks in advance
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Hi Sanjeev

A car manufactured two months ago is perfectly fine.

Have a thorough read of this thread and do an even more thorough PDI of the vehicle and you should be fine. Even we got a January car in March. :p

It is only when the vehicle is 5-6+ months old that we need to look at getting a fresh piece. Two months should be fine. All the best.

Do write back on your PDI experience.
    Gurjinder.
  7. thanks gurji bhai.

i will surely write both PDI as well my experience with Galaxy motors in my ownership report..

Regards
    Sanjeev
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    2nd free service - Completed with satisfaction

Hi boys,

My second service is to be done by the mid of August 2011 when the car gets 1 year old.

Some problems that I can re-collect now:
    1. Driver side door beading: The window glass comes out of track while its been rolling up and stops midway. Now this happens more commonly inspite of my meticulous DIY to fix it everytime.

The other day, it really looked foolish to some guys when i was fixing itoutside a bank while parking the car. I had to give my car keys to my landlord and I spent 5 mins explaining the issue so that he does not roll down this window.

2. Rear suspension making noise? after a mere 10km drive on a bad road even though the car was driven in first gear at half clutch at times to maintain very low speeds. There is now some noise from the rear. :( I blame poor quality of material that could not sustain 10km of rough road in 1st gear at a speed of 10-12kmph.

3. Wipers leaving lots of trail marks.

4. Some dents on the car in the past 1 month. :(

Now, I have some confusions:
    1. I have moved to Haryana. Nearest TASC is 50km away in Hisar district. I do not want to go to some lousy service center just like Hind Motors, Mohali service center that I chose for 1st free service.

2. Both Delhi and Chandigarh at approx 250km away. I will get better service in Delhi at Elegant cars in Patparganj Industrial area as the service advisor over there is one of the best you can find in India with any manufacturer/brand. In contrast I have my home in Chandigarh so I need not worry about leaving back to Haryana on the same day after service.

3. I have heard about spare part scarcity in most parts of India after that fire in Fiat stockyard. I want that the basic spares should be in stock. I want the fuel filter with sensor and not without sensor as both are very closely priced.

So I need some help. I need phone numbers of the spare part shops at both Elegant cars, Delhi as well as Joshi Autozone, Chandigarh. Can any TFI member post the phone numbers here in case they got them?

Besides, what should I do incase the diesel filter with sensor is not in stock. Do you guys think that the filter with sensor is better than the one without any sensor.

I will be getting a window of just 2 days at the end of this month to get everything done, so want to get some leads before I proceed.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The phone numbers of any service station can be taken from Fiat India website. They should help you to connect with parts department. But if some members knows the direct numbers, its helpful.
    But for your requirements, I don't think you need any special parts, normal servicing parts should be available all the time.

Must to fix the glass/window issue. Its irritating issue.

For Diesel filter, I think they check which one is required, like I have used always without sensor. No idea, what exactly is difference. But you can call service center where you plan to go and ask them to keep one for you.
  10. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    I too was facing this window issue . I applied fevi bond inside the beading and the glass was fine till it rained , but then after doing some adjustment its fine again now . for me its a problem only during rains else its not a problem . Be careful when it rains.