1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Reg. A/c, I have face no cooling issue couple of times. I guess around 6 times in 1.5 years time. Had reported this during service but no finding so far.

If I switch of engine and on A/c,everything is fine!
  2. Jishnu,

Even i used to feel the same way earlier, now go to 1st gear instead to 2nd, car pulls along nicely.
    yes it is possible to change the gear ratio's but getting right would be very difficult.

3. Gurjinder,

Gearbox/ratios seems to be same in Punto and Linea,extra torque,VGT and 15 BHP more power in Linea makes it little easy to drive.

I had an opportunity to see a opened gearbox of Linea and Punto , did not see noticeable difference in gear ratio, SA was also of the same opinion.

I my sincerer advice to all new car owners,who haven't had oil change and more of city driven car owners is to wait in 15-20 K kms, try to drive above 2K RPM.

I had almost planned to sell my car off but now at 22K kms i just love the free revving engine and music from the engine.
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Thats what I am expecting from my 90HP Punto. I am fan of sound of MJD engine.
  5. arjunr

arjunr Amatore

the TASC guy said the dryer is gone and it needs to be replaced. I hope it will be resolved once it is replaced.
  6. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

AC dryer is a part which usually doesn't get spoiled easily..All that you can do is wait. I know how it feels to drive without ac in bangalore! All that deadly fumes from the auto entering the nose, mouth! Ah! Nasty! please wait for a while.
    And that screeching noise,might be the brake pad have become hard, get them replaced!
  7. Just look at RPM meter and drive:)
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Differance in gear ratio is not noticable by naked eyes. There will be differance in size,size of teeth,no.of teeth of each gear. You can feel diffearance in gear ratio only after all refittings of transmission.

e.g. :- I was searching reason of differance in drivability between my Bajaj Super & my friend's Bajaj Super (Excel) Scooter.

So I checked Cluster Gears of Bajaj Super Excel & Bajaj Super. Both Cluster Gears were seeming same . When I inspected both cluster gear assly with keen observation. I found that

1) No.of teeth of each gear in both cluster gear assly.were differant.
    2) There was differance in size of teeth of gear.
    3) Differance was also in arch of each gear.

So I came to know there is differant gear ratio in 2 models of Bajaj Scooter.

Gear Ratio of Punto & Linea may be same.Differance may be due to change in Secondary Shaft gears.

Gear box has 2 shafts. Primay & Secondary shaft.

Gear fitted on Primary shaft drives the gears fitted on secondary shaft.

There may be differance between Secondary Shaft of Punto & Linea.That's why we get differant gear ratio in GP & Linea.
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    In tubo-charged engines,this situation is called as Compressor Surge.
  10. Bhai just drive the Palio D which is a NA engine and observe the retardation with foot off the accelerator pedal.