1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Bhai.. I would like to ask you another question in this aspect. Just compare the Volvo's to the local Tata's & Leylands. Which is having more NVH. So if your condition is true, then the TATA's & Leyland's should have more torque or pulling power right. Just imagine. Let the experts explain about other aspects as I am very bad in explaining. Don't feel offensive Bhai. Just letting you know some facts. Cheers :)
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @Bhai what are you talking about. Which post wrote on July 10 & where
  3. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Gear ratios of the Punto 75 and 90 are not the same. The 90HP has only 1 useless gear as compared to the 75HPs which has two! :p
  4. I believe so but the manual differs as well as the part number of the transmission components are same (Clutch assy for example). It might be tune of state as well that makes the 90 have one less useless gear as you put it.
  5. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    The difference in gear ratios for the 2nd gear is quite evident when you floor the throttle. I will try it back to back with a friends car, to see the speed and RPM in 2nd gear when I get back!
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    @ Bhai, are yaar from where did you get this logic of noise and torque? this is the wildest and most vague logic.

in that case just remove the silencer/ exhaust of your punto and you will race the mercedes.
  7. deepakhon

deepakhon Amatore

Bangalore
    @Bhai, you are talking of 3 cylinder engine, which will be noisier as compared to the 4 cylinder engine because of balancing issues due to odd cylinder numbers.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    hear the new beat diesel :) 3 cylinders and no noise
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    This is not my final conclusion.
    Noise ! I mean diesel clatter.

MJD is refined because it runs on lean mixture & injects 5 strokes per injection cycle.
    Tractor engine does not have 5 injections strokes per cycle. OR compression ratio of tractor may be more that's why Tractor engine is noisy.

More the diesel clatter more capacity to pull weight. See the TATA SUMO 3.0 DI engine.
    Great capacity to pull weight.
    As all know Petrol engines are famous for Race. & Oil burners are famous for heavy works.

I am not spreading vague logic. I am doing just discussion.
    I am doing research on this subject. I will definatley update.

Corrections in my logic are most welcomed. I want corrections.
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  10. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    GTO review in team-bhp says that engine itself is noisy, but because of superior insulation and good engine mount, NVH inside is very low.