1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even I have faced this problem.

I set 24 deg on the ACC, but at times the front windscreen gets misted up, especially in winters. I find that running the blower for about 20 to 30" with the AC 'ON' clears the misting.

Regards
    Johnny
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    FIAT cars are heavy + MJD is super refined.

Formula of diesel engine is :- engine with more NVH can pull heavy load easily.
    Engines with less NVH can't pull heavy load easily.

If FIAT keep tall gear ratio ,because of smooth multijet engine,heavy fiat cars can't pull its weight .
    So for better drivability & for min.gear changes in city FIAT has kept short gear ratio to 1st & 2nd gear .

If we want acceleration like swift then gear ratio should be tall.
    But Tall Gear Ratio is useful for lightweight Korean/Japanese babies.
    Cars with Tall Gear ratio always have to do more gear changes. & useful only for drag races.
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    This is just imagination. It doesn't work that way. Please stop propagating inane information. It is high time Mr. Amol.

NVH and pulling power have no relation whatsoever.

Gurjinder.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Even I was thinking the same paji
    . Take examples of Audi, BMW SUVs which has high weight and higher Displacement diesel engine with less NVH still they have good pulling power
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Throw all the sound deadening and NVH reduction technologies out of the window and your engines pulling power increases!! :D

I was in a Jaguar XF diesel a few months back and it had the acceleration to push me to the back of the seat. And all I could hear was a muted hum from the engine.
  6. All this is fine ... Agreed .. But what about the final gear ratio's how much would it contribute to the swift to be faster than the GP atleast in the first 2 gears. I have posted the Gear ratio's of the MJD elsewhere on the forum Remapping etc again will increase power to a limited extent with the current setup, incl air so what kind of additional torque can the gear box handle before it fails and what kind of additional stresses can the Differential Gear take? I am looking out for answers for these elusive questions.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Cyber d

Can you post the gear ratios and the final drive ratio of both the Swift D and the Punto, 75&90

Atleast one variable would be sorted.

What would remain is turbo and fuelling.

@Roy- that was seriously funny. :evilsmile

Gurjinder
  8. Ok here we go.

Gear Ratio's of the Punto 75 / 90 Hp [ Courtesy Work shop manual GP ]

1. 3.818
    2. 2.053
    3. 1.302
    4. 0.959
    5. 0.744
    R. 3.909

Swift / Dzire [ http://auto.indiamart.com/cars/maruti-dzire/ ]

Gear Ratio 1st 3.545
    Gear Ratio 2nd 1.904
    Gear Ratio 3rd 1.233
    Gear Ratio 4th 0.911
    Gear Ratio 5th 0.725
    Reverse 3.250

The final gear ratio are NOT available anywhere that I have gone through for both the cars. May be I should search more ..
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I dont understand anything from these figures, can somebody explain it in simple words.
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    OK then please clear the following doubt.

Agricultutal Tractor of JOHN DEERE model - 5610MFWD 3 Cyl.Turbocharged engine

produces 75 BHP @2400 RPM . Torque - Not known

Only 3cyl. Turbocharged Tractor engine can produce 75 BHP.

And this 3cyl. Turbochrged Tractor engine can pull its own heavy weight of 2425 KG + it completes all heavy agricultural works

Iam talking about torque & pulling capacity.

If there is no any relation between combustion noise & pulling power then Please explain !

Go to http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?2944-Fiat-MJD-1st-amp-2nd-Gear-s-short-Why
    & read post wrote on July 10, 2011 07:26 PM by me.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2011