1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Maverickxx2006 I think this should be a common problem and it appears more when the outside humidity is more. Well you can even try products which are known as Anti-mist and the TASS should be dealing with such products. Just check with them. If you are using the automatic climate control, try increasing the temperature ie if you have kept the temp as 18, adjust it to 20-21. My point is when the cabin temp is too low than outside, this happens more.
  2. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    condensation is caused if you set the ac temperature too low. increase the temp to say 25/26 then i think it may not happen. i have the manual ac and i dont keep the temp too low and do not face any problem. try it
  3. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune
    I doubt if weather/humid conditions would alter engine performance. (Unless of course there are severe climatic changes like snowfall etc which would freeze the fuel.)

In my opinion, if that was true, then there is some serious problem with the design/engineering. Which I think is unlikely.
  4. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune
    I have the manual AC and normally keep it on 1.

Thanks for your inputs. I guess the too low temp is causing condensation on outside. Will try not to keep the temp low or switch AC only when needed.
  5. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Try setting to a higher temp and also make sure that the vents are not blowing air directly to the side glass.
  6. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

This generally happens when the inside temperature is lower than the temperature outside.
    Trick is to get the temperature inside and outside as close as possible. not exactly equal, but close.

Keeping the blower at 1 but the temp knob at blue will blow cold air and not freeze you but will cool the glass to form condensation outside.
  7. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Well obviously; there is less oxygen taken in by the car when the air is too humid, too hot. water atoms occupy the place of oxygen (too little quantity to affect the working of the engine) which in most cases is negligent BUT the heat affecting the air and making it expand makes a significant difference. The sensors adjust to these conditions and mix fuel in right proportions for a clean efficient combustion.

An inter-cooler equipped car has an advantage and can feel the difference when driving in the night when the temperature is 30-40% lower than the day.
    You get more cold air; meaning more oxygen, better performance & efficiency. that is why most cars are fitted with the inter-cooler as lower to the ground as possible. (Remember cold air stays closer to the bottom and hot air rises above??)
    Also some performance cars come factory fitted with a water spray to cool the inter-coolers for more performance in extreme conditions.

But that doesn't mean you should go and flood your inter-cooler with water. And don't hold me responsible for the damage it will cause.
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  8. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Can somebody tell that if the gear ratios in Punto MJD, Punto 90HP, and Linea MJD are same or different?
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    One member I think Italia-Linea has mentioned somewhere that acceleration of Linea is better then 90 HP GP

So I think 90 HP GP & Linea has differant gear ratio.
  10. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    That would be really strange. Why give it the same engine when you can't give it the same gear ratio. Surely Linea will not be lighter than Punto. And so Punto should be able to take advantage of the Linea gear ratios, if not taller ones.

I hate to say this, But I really do not like the 1st and the 2nd gears.