1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    My vehicle used to make this "click" sound always while releasing the clutch. During my first service, i told the SA about this, he told me about fixing some gear cables and sorts and now the sound has completely gone.

But now what has happened is that is that the vehicle jerks a lot while clutch is released and i need to super careful about this to avoid it. this is feel is very nasty, i would have preferred the "click" noise ;)
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    @ Gurjinder,

Smaller engines cannot run twin or sequential turbos as basically the piping to these turbos are done in such a way that half cylinders supply exhaust gases to one turbo and half to other, but both of these supply boost to the intake manifold.
    a small punny engine does not efficiently run this set up due to low output.

The boost threshold is not met to run dual set up by small engines.

Yes and you have a mentioned a very important point too- cost. it involves complex piping, engine bay packaging, control mechanisms etc

Also sequential or twin turbo setup are many times reported to have problems in drivability in daily run as when second turbo spools its immense surge in power like the Swift ;)

i love driving the swift, but in city the turbo lag and sudden surge its no fun. this is where i love my linea.
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    It is due to abnormal Play in Clutch Assly. Go to TATA ASS & get replaced Clutch Assly.in warrantee.
    I was also facing this problem. Problem solved after replacing the whole Clutch Assly.
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanx to all .

@Pioneeraaron

I enjoyed your signature about Slogun

India comes home in a maruti...after sometime.. Family goes to heaven together in a maruti :-D
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  5. keshav

keshav

Bangalore
    Slight movement of gear lever after shifting to 3'rd gear..

I have a Punto MJD which has run close to 23000 kms. I'm witnessing a issue when I shift to third gear (up shift or down shift). There is a slight movement of the gear lever after I release the clutch. Sometimes this happens when I start pressing the throttle, after completing gear change. This happens only when I shift to third gear. More pronounced when revs are lower (<1500), in the third gear.

I showed it to SA and he said this not an issue. But, I'm not convinced. I have got the Clutch Slave cylinder changed recently. That did not make any difference.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    keshav
    Gear lever moves upward slightly (can be felt only when your hand is on the gear lever) when you accelerate after changing gears and comes down when you leave accelerator pedal nothing to worry about, forget about it this is a non issue and enjoy your ride. This movement is there in all gears not only third gear.
  7. keshav

keshav

Bangalore
    Vijay, the movement is horizontal. It moves by 3-4 cms. I find it strange, as there is no movement at all in other gears.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Agree with Vijay on there being a slight movement (forward and backward - few mm's), felt easily when hand is on the gear level during acceleration and deceleration.

But 3-4 cm's is a lot of play and is not normal in my book, especially since it's happening only in the third gear. So do insist on a thorough checkup whenever you visit the TASS next time.

Gurjinder.
  9. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    It even happens in my Linea but not more than 1 or 2 cms.
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    No it is not normal. If you are experiencing free play/jerk even after releasing slowly then clutch system has become jerky. This is due to faulty Pressure Plate.
    And because of this clutch jerk, owners are experiencing specific type of movment/jerk after shifting gear.
    I was also facing this situation. After replacing clutch assly. jerk disappeared.

Now my transmission sysytem has become 100% jerk free.

As per my obsevations,clutch jerk is more noticable at the time 3rd gear shifting.
    Because 3rd gear has good mixing of short & tall gear ratio.
    Gear Ratio of 3rd gear of FIAT cars is terrific.
    3rd gear of all FIAT cars gives excellent combination of acceleration and torque.
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2011