1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. sandeep8088

sandeep8088

It sure is a gas leak. The problem had occured in punto's too manufactured in the month of of feb and mar 2011...Nothing much to worry get it checked
  2. drarvindc

drarvindc

Nagpur
    @sandeep,

I also had the vibration / wobble.. it all got corrected with correct tyre pressure. Damn me was driving with low pressure in tyre... wobble / vibrations / shift to left.. all gone with typre pressure update. I know how much i felt sorry for my punto for the negligence. Even the kmpl is not 15+ in city .. it has touched a low of 11 earlier.

Arvind
  3. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Let's hear out your opinion too.
  4. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    i think its only the 2nd 3rd and 4th gear thats taller than fiats for the swift.

ask me why. coz i used a swift for a year and a half before i got my linea. and both the cars do a solid 80 kmph when in 5th gear at exactly 2000 rpm.not more not less.

swift can do the following speeds in these gears till the engine breaths out.
    2nd- 80kmph 5200 rpm
    3rd- 120kmph 5000 rpm
    4th- 160kmph 5300 rpm
    5th- 160 kmph 4500 rpm( speed lock) doesnt go much faster than that. this was while running with 195/60 R14 yokohama A-drives on the steel rims.sometimes does something close to 168-170 when ur down hill.

during a trip to goa i ripped my linea all the way up to get these speeds.
    2nd-60 kmph@ 5000rpm
    3rd-90 kmph@ 4500rpm-4800rpm( dont quite remember)
    4th-140 kmph@ 5200 rpm
    5th-190 kmph@ 5000+( didnt dare look at the tacho at that speed)- but we dont have a speed lock, the tacho goes up all the way to cross 5000 rpm .

fiat cant give taller gear ratios because fiats are heavy you neet more engine output for that like the 1.6 mjd.

That is how the swift is enjoying its tall gears with the reduced weight so more power to weight ratio.

and also its the fiats that need lots of gear changing in B2B traffic than a swift.

ex:- if ur in a lane with full of cars in front of you and the signal changes to green and if there is a possibility to take your car to 50kmph before it comes to a halt again, fiats roar in 2nd gear at 50kmph so you soon change to 3rd. but in case of a swift, it will be doing much less revs than a fiat in 2nd gear and you dont have to change 3 gears before your car come to halt again.

but we cant say what is better over what because even with the weight i've got more mileage in my linea than my swift

well this is what i've experienced.
  5. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Very well expressed there. Agree with u fully on the power to weight point.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Thanks Jayakrishna for the explanation, you've instilled life into the thread.

Gurjinder
    P.S. I think the Swift refused to go beyond 160 due to lack of power, rather than a speed limiter. Speed limiters are mostly employed for cars which easily do 250km/hr or the govt buses.:)
  7. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    i'm sorry guys linea actually does 68( close to 70) @ 5200 rpm in 2nd gear and it breaths out for air.

it was a long time back so i quite forgot.

thankyou.
    courtesy of my Btech mechanical degree and my special interest for automobiles.

my pleasure.

my classmate from chennai who is also an automobile freak like me has done his implant training in maruthi-suzuki. he gave me light on the speed limiter in swift. its a small speed governor that cuts out fuel inflow i guess. ill find out again- even i'm not so sure about that. it was a long time back that he told me.

Mods Note - Please don't quote whole post. Quote only relevant portion, which you are replying.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2011
  8. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    and its 110@5250-5300 rpm in 3rd gear. was right abt 90@4500 in 3rd gear.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2011
  9. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Yes, conundrum solved. There is no replacement to displacement. Man I would love to rev up my car in 2nd and see it take up speed. Now I have to be content with doing that in the 3rd.
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    on a lighter note 160 kmph is enough for swift :)

Linea can go beyond 160 due to the more power and tall 5th gear ratio too. power is easily translated to GB to do the required RPMs.

But i must appreciate the way maruti has mapped the swift ECU too. perfect combination of thrill and fuel efficiency.