1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. amitgreat

amitgreat

Gurgaon
    Thanks for recall this technique. It will reset ECU. I try today and post the after effect.
    My driving is mix style and my car consistent deliver 15 to 16 KM/L with ac before servicing.

2. Rightly said, I never pushed my car beyond 2500 RPM for first 3000 kms, ow my car's engine runs so smooth.
    I drive below the boost levels until temperature is at optimal(middle) mark, and idle for minimum a minute to 2 minutes max.
    this i have been following from last 10KKms or so, engine response is predictable and I can't hide grin on my face when feel the refinement exceeding my expectation from Diesel engine.

When you are taking the delivery, please try avoiding the polishing stuff done by the dealers, they use the same foam top for several vehicles and it creates circular scratches of 15 -20 microns depth.
    you can just buy Sonax liquid polish and use microfiber cloth to polish the surface yourself.
    -Sat
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  3. Shorter gears will aid in faster acceleration,swift is slightly ahead due to weight, but gear ratio's it's a moot point.
    I have driven both cars , one thing I noticed is swift has more turbo lag and power delivery is very jerky in city driving condition i used to lot more gear changes in swift and used to drive more in second and third but in Punto it's more of third and forth gear.

When it comes to highway swift suffers from breaking issue, car doesn't stop when and where you expect it to be.
    Punto stamps it's authority in highway run's , minimal use of break and sure safe stopper.

Difference is in powerband (upto 4000 RPM)and muted response of Swift in higher RPM,punto has the PB upto 3500 RPM.
    I was discussing this with one of reputed tuners in Bangalore , he was of the opinion 3500 RPM is safe when it comes to Diesel engines also he was critical of the turbo kick in swift,although it doesn't hurt but he said it's not the right way to tune.
    -Sat
  4. Which one u drove siena 1.7 or 1.9D?
    1.9 D has instant response like a petrol but NVH is higher than 1.7D
  5. there is nothing called as teflon coat as recommended by dealer
    its a mere polish.
    BTW you belong to which place in orissa?
    me too from Bhubaneswar
  6. MJD is only in Palio and Punto,driven Punto and swift.
  7. oh is it??
    its a very big news for me i didnt know this..
    BTW i own a linea and uno D
  8. Was that supposed to sarcastic? is it just one up man-ship for you owning Linea and UnoD?

I accept you criticism if I was wrong.

What I meant by MJD is MultiJet Deisel,more specifically 1248CC Multijet 76BHP/90BHP.
    I replied to title which says "Fiat MJD - 1st & 2nd Gear's short, Why ?" since the question why swift has better acceleration than MJD Fiat(since it's MJD it can be Palio/Punto or Linea).

-Sat
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Dear Sat

Gear Ratio of FIAT cars is short to minimise frequently gear change. FIAT gives preferance to Drivability rather than acceleration.
    Due to short gear ratio,MJD is breeze to drive in city. On the other side Swift has tall gear ratio which gives pretty acceleration but more gear chanages in city.

Other pros of short gear ratio is, you can control the FIAT car in any emergency effectively as compared to Maruti cars.

Due to short gear ratio you have to press less throttle in 1st & 2nd gear. Car pulls easily its heavy kerb weight

In short following is the formula

Short Gear Ratio = You will get less Acceleration but good drivability & less gear chnage :p
    Tall Gear Ratio = You will get more acceleration but bad drivability & more gear changes. :punch

Choice is yours ! Which car do you want ? DDiS OR Multijet ? :D
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  10. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    my queries in green sir.....pls help :D