1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. kirenh
    you put your blower in auto mode?
    sometimes the blow shifts patterns to cool the cabin. so the air coming from the lower vents is not an issue.

now when you set the temperature to 24 hot air comes?
    these needs to be checked by a technician.

the temperatures are not that different.

21 acc temperature, the cabin might be 23-24 and the temperature at the vents might be a little lower than 21.(my guesses)
    never checked the tempeature.

Get the temperature in the compressor(or is it the condensor) if its less than 6degrees the cooling is optimum.
  2. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    my manual ac does blow hot air when the thermostat is set to say 9'o clock. one of my blower always throws a little hot air even the temp is min before staring the ac. most cars differ the compressor cut off timings when the thermostat is used but in our fiat all it does is mix hot air to raise the temperature rather than comp cut off. and so the hot air always affects the cooling.
  3. sandeep8088

Queries on my Punto 90HP at 2000 Kms

My Punto 90HP had done 2000 kms.One small query, when i speed up at 100 km/hr and at around 2500 rpm i feel heavy vibrations inside the cabin in my drive.Is this some sort of a problem or just that the engine is new and has to do somemore Kms before the vibrations are rectified?.Waiting for your replies.

Thanks and Regards
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

I reckon you need to get your front tires balanced. Does the steering also wobble a bit?
  5. sandeep8088

Till now i have not let rpm reach above 2000.Now when i was at 2500 Rpm at 100 km/hr there are vibrations.No steering wheel doesnt wobble . Its just the vibrations in steering wheel too.Is it because of new engine or so?
  6. thanks guys for all the advice.
    I m waiting for my punto to arrive (more 10 days it seems!!!).

Some more inputs are invited.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

I don't think that the engine is causing such heavy vibrations.

Get the tires balanced from a reputed shop to see whether it resolves the issue.

If however it doesn't, then TASS would be the next step.
  8. Fiat MJD - 1st & 2nd Gear's short, Why ?

Till now we don't have any Fiat Car in my family, I remember long back once, when I used for few days "Fiat Siena Diesel". :wow ! I still remembered the performance of Siena, Its moving like "bullet i.e. गोली".

Siena moves slow in starting - very stable - like sticky on road and afterword it become very fast. I think Siena also have short gear's.

Presently I am using Petrol car and we have one Swift Diesel in our family and I used a lot during visits to my home town. Swift never gives me the feel of Siena although engine was from Fiat, even better version - multijet. When Petrol car driver start using diesel car, they generally step on accelerator pedal to move fast, In Swift diesel, it moves little fast but with lot of NVH, thus it feel peppy.
    Peppy with NVH :eek:

In Siena, It moves slow but without NVH.

So technically what is inside ? pl share.

My knowledge:

Petrol generally burn fast, thus when we press accelerator pedal deep, it gives instant power to move ahead. same in diesel, if we press accelerator paddle deep, diesel takes more time to generate powers, its create more vibration. Thus Diesel engines are heavy on weight, to tolerate the blast and offer initial pickup less as compare with Petrol.

I don't know how the Indica & other cars VW etc are doing in diesel.

Maruti did tweak by gear ratio to increase little pickup with NVH.

What you say ?
  9. amitgreat

Problem in pickup 1.3 Punto MJD

I have recently done servicing(13500KM) of my Punto 1.3 MJD from ABS Gurgaon, after the service my car mileage dropped 13km/l from 16km/l. I again contact ABS now mileage has improved 15KM/l but pickup become poor like a engine sludge. anybody have idea any other good service center in Delhi/NCR, which can resolve this problem??

PS:please don't advice Dhingra I have nightmare experience with them.

10. this issue has been already discussed.

remove the -ve terminal of the battery. leave it for 15 mins. then put it back.
    this must help you.

can you explain your driving style?
    like you rip it hard or drive sedately?