1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Re: Punto active steering lock not working

Did you upsize your tires ? I've seen upsized tires scraping bumper and making sound sometimes.
  2. gaur4v

gaur4v

Chandigarh
    Re: Punto active steering lock not working

I got in my car last morning and my steering lock was really tight, so I did the usual (jig the key while turning the wheel
    ) and it disengaged but now when I take the key out, the steering lock doesn't work anymore I didn't force it or anything... is this common and is it covered under warranty? :hit :hit :hit
  3. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3

Yes it will be covered warranty. Don't try to fix it yourself.

Visit the service center.
  4. Re: Punto active steering lock not working

This is not common in punto and will surely be covered under warranty. TASS never made any fuss about changing anything under warranty as far i know.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

I'm not able to rotate the steering after removing the key. It gets so heavy that it is hard to rotate it. Is it because of 195 tyres and alloys?
    Actually I do not try too hard. Just try to rotate it with a very light hand.
  6. gaur4v

gaur4v

Chandigarh

i am not using any outside alloys, anyways i talked with joshi auto zone. They will look car morning 9:30 tommorow :devil
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Yes when engine is off, don't try to rotate steering, since there is no assistance. This might create problem. I think similar thing is mentioned in manual as well.
  8. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE

Ask the service center guys to put the car on jacks (front wheels) & rotate the steering, see if it locks. If so there is no problem. The heavines on the front wheel might be due to low air preassure, therefore you are not able to rotate the steering to lock the same. As the steering is powered by hydraulics it will be difficult to rotate when switched off. If you try too much the oil seals in the Power steering mechanism might get affected, be carefull.
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

@Ravi- Yes, that is why I did not try to apply any force at all. But then how do we lock the steering then? We need to rotate it when the key is removed.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Yes for locking little rotation is needed, I am able to do easily.