1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    As mentioned earlier the car was @ the SC yesterday, but they were unable to locate the problem. The works manager then decided to send a person along with me on a long test drive for which I agreed. I took the mechanic to Thane from Sakinaka for a drive. After we crossed Powai he also realised that the AC was not cooling as required. By the time we reached Thane the AC was set @ 16.5deg and the cabin temperature was 27deg. The mechanic & the worksmanager also agreed that there could be some ice formation inside somewhere due to which the blowers effectiveness gets reduced. As per them there there could be some sensor which is not functioning & they will be taking 2 more days for a detailed check up.
  2. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Looks like the ASS was not able to sort out the AC problem, they have sent the car to an 3rd party AC expert. :(
  3. this seems to be a problem in the thermostat or the condensor. ice forming is not common in punto or linea.
    i drive my car in the low setting for 2-3hrs with the fan in 3-4 speed. the cooling is sufficient i feel.

evaporator coil could be at fault????

try to input manual settings once and see.
    the fan speed at 5-6 steps,
    the temperature at 21. put the recycle mode off and see.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2011
  4. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Are we Fiats guinea pigs?

Its 5 days the car is with the ASS, but they are unable to locate the exact problem. They say they will replace each part by part and see if the problem is sorted. The service manager says that he is not authorised to change any item without Fiats approval. Now if the condenser has to be changed the Service guy will place an order with fiat only after he gets an approval from fiat for the change as the same is not in stock with the ASS.

I have to travel around 100 kms per day to very difficult commuting areas. Its costing me heavily as i travel by taxis to these areas. Who will be paying me for these expenses? Now Who is loosing time and is inconvenienced & has to face the hardship?
    Does Fiat or the ASS loose anything due to my problem?

The Car is hardly 4 months old 6K kms and has been to the ASS 5 times for the same problem. Looks like Fiat is taking things lightly and are happy selling only engines.

Idiots buy Fiat :mad:
  5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

hey kirenh

Sorry to learn that the issue is not yet resolved. Looks like you have been to fortune in sakinaka. if that is right why dont you try going to a different service center?
    may be galaxy in mulund as amogh had mentioned that its a good 1 and show them your problem?

Also have a word with the TASS person that you need a fiat engineer to look into your issue.

alternatively if it is ok with you there is a famous shop called as corea car A/C in malad show the issue once to them tell them not to replace any part and just tell you where the issue is .
  6. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Shadowfax,

Yes the car is at Fortune - Sakinaka. I have been going to them since last 6 years, but have never faced such an issue. Earlier I had an Indica V2 Turbo 5yrs/1.5 lakh kms which was sincerely serviced @ 5K. This is the first time Fortune have not been able to solve a problem at first go. Now as they donot have experts in AC they have given it to a 3rd party AC guy. I really dont mind going to any service centre who can give me good service and handle my car well. Can try them next time.

Fiat guys are also involved in solving this problem, but they want to try out changing components one by one. Now they are changing an expansion valve see if things change and then change the variable compressor. Thats wot is bugging me, they can do there R&D later but why on me & my car.

Fortune has offered me a loaner car today to drive till they solve this problem, I dont know whether to accept the same.

Kiran
  7. kirenh
    that seems to be some bad news.
    as shadowfax suggested go to that ac service center.
    he might be of some help.
    or take your car from the service center, drive to the factory and see if the issue can be fixed.
    what say??

also write a mail to Mr.Mangesh.
    that would see your car will be back with you within 2 days max.
  8. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Srikaratluri,

I just sent a mail to Mr.Mangesh. Lets see what happens.

Thanks
    Kiran
  9. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

@Clash81, whenever you face this kid of issue, immediate use handbrake. Looks like u r taking extra care or reving the engine. Getting stall means u r not matching with demand from engine. However as time will pass, u'll get all this in auto mode :)
  10. advice before delivery

hello guys!!!

I have booked a punto 1.3 diesel 90 hp and the delivery is expected in 1 week. i want to know about certain things and will be grateful .
    • i have booked tuscan wine: shall i go for teflon coating??/any other means of keeping the polish and glaze intact
    • Guidance on engine running in
    • i would like to upgrade the music system (amp and woofer??)- some advise on this??
    • PDI enquiries list if possible??
    • anything if i am missing befor buying the car??
    Thanks in advance