1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    6 K:eek:! I think i'll pass....
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  2. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Hehe! There are some manufacturers in delhi and mumbai who can convert a normal key to flippy key!
  3. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    Cool! Any contact's in Mumbai Jishnu?

Cheers.
  4. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    My MJD EP GP - need to go the service center at 23K kms

It has been a wonderful journey so far with my medium grey EP punto. I had to go to the sevice center for a few small issues. Need some thoughts from experts to address these issues. Mods, please post/merge this to elsewhere, since i found this to the most appropriate place to post this thread.

1. I felt there is a drop in the mileage. I used to get 18+ on hiughways with aggressive driving, and 20+ with sedate driving. Now, i feel, im probably getting a good 2 kms less than usual. I also feel the pickup is slightly sluggish...
    2. I had a puncture in my front left wheel sometime back, and had to replace the tyre for it. Not taking any risk,i replaced with the same GT3 rubber. After i did this, i started getting a little bit of extra noise when I run over uneven roads, and that too only from the front left wheel. I did my alignment and balancing soon after replacing tyres.
    3. when I cruise in the range of 100km/hr, i get a vibration on my steering wheel. I saw another thread relating to this where, alignment has fixed the issue, but, i observe this even after i checked on my alignment.
  5. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    1. Get it checked at TASC. Maybe an air filter cleaning can fix the issue
    2 and 3. Get the balancing done at a good tyre shop
  6. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Hmm not exactly, but have on Facebook. I'll let know :)
  7. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    hey, I appreciate it....thanks a ton!
  8. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    ACC & Aircondition

Hello Team,

I have a Punto 90HP and am facing some issues with the Airconditioning/ACC.

I usually set my AC @ 21deg and keep it in AUTO mode with recycle. As I understand, The ACC should maintain the cabin temperature irrespective of the outside temperature. Then why do I feel hot after some time and have to change the setting?. There are 12 levels of blower speed, does this remain constant or does it vary depending upon the cabin temperature?.

Can you please help me with the exact procedure to maintain comfortable temp inside the cabin.

How does ACC work?

Need your comments & advice so as I can take up the matter further with the SC if necessary.

Thanks

Kiran
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Hi Kiran

As a preliminary check to rule out a fault of the AC system, run the AC set at LO i.e. Temp knob rotated anticlockwise till 'LO' appears on the temp display.

See whether the system keeps on cooling or not.

If it doesn't, which i hope will not happen, it can point to a flaw somewhere in the system.

By the way which month manufacture is your 90hp?

My personal settings are 25degrees, re-circ mode, fan at 4-5 speeds less than max& manual mode, no auto. I've never felt the need to go below 25, even though the heat gets merciless here at times.

Gurjinder.
  10. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    My Car is BMZ- Feb 2011.

I have tried keeping the AC set at LO & the system cools quite well and the blower is full on. But, it does not maintain a fixed temperature automatically which I suppose it should do.

Thanks

Kiran