1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Why does this happen with a new car????
  2. the wiper blades must have become worn or too dusty.
    give them a good cleaning and see.
    or its better get a new set. it is advisable to change the blades after every summer.
    the blades due to the heat gets damaged/hard.

THIS IS NOTHING TO DO WITH FIAT.ITS NORMAL FOR ANY CAR COMPANY
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Irregular Service Reminder

Hi

Iam experiencing irregular Service Warning Reminder of my GP Active MJD.

At 1st Free service of 3000 Km :-Scheduled Service reminder warning lamp did not glow.:thumbs down

At 2nd Free service of 15000 KM :- Scheduled Service reminder warning lamp did not glow.:thumbs down

At 3rd Free Service of 30000 KM :- Reminder worked (Glowed service reminder on instrument panel):drinks

At 4th Paid Service of 45000 KM :- Scheduled Service reminder warning lamp did not glow.:thumbs down

What's wrong with it. I fear that there is some problem in the EPROM of ECU. (ECU malfunctioning)

That's why Scheduled Service Reminder warning lamp is not working properly.
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The service reminder is not programmed to remind you of the first "service" at 3000kms.

According to it, the first service is only at 15000. The "service" at 3000kms is a mere check up.

Gurjinder.
  5. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    But gurjinder, the reminder should come up after every 15000 kms. If it doesn't something is wrong somewhere [unless it has been programmed to remind after every 30000 kms]
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Absolutely.

In my last post, i'd only commented about Bhai's statement that the service reminder did not remind of first 'service' at 3000kms.

I have reserved my comments on the other issues being faced by Bhai.

Gurjinder.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Most probably, the guys might not have set it up from start. Can you see "Service KM remaining" option in trip. If its showing anything, better get it set-up to KM of your choice.
  8. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    28 Kmpl is just wow :eek::eek:
    i am just able to have 19.8 Kmpl with my punto Mjd & AC on
    i've covered 8500 kms yet !!
  9. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Gear Shift

My car's gear shift is very hard and makes some "kat kat" noise! Is it normal??
  10. S.K

S.K

mumbai
    if gears are going hard & pick up is normal than there is problem with clutch slave cylinder. it needs to be change