1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. ramesh_v

ramesh_v Novizio

Hosur
    No I have not changed my diesel bunk atleast 95% in the past 15months. FE dip is only after second service :( and prior to that it was fantastics with the same diesel bunk.

After this dip, I tried changing the bunk and continued filling the tank for couple of times and that didn't give any improvement in FE :-(
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  2. ramesh_v

ramesh_v Novizio

Hosur
    Varoon,
    I filling my tank in one of the best diesel bunk in my place and many of my friends fillup their tank and the have not facing any dip. More over I feel the drop of 5-6km FE after second service is not good sign.

After this dip, I tried changing the bunk and continued filling the tank for couple of times and that didn't give any improvement in FE
  3. ramesh_v

ramesh_v Novizio

Hosur
    Hi,

I have asked the service engineer to check the air-filter and I hope he did that as well. Even after there is not improvement. Need some suggestion here :(
  4. ramesh
    try reset your ecu by removing the -ve terminal from the battery for 30 mins and put it back. see if this helps.
    fuel economy also depends on the exhaust gases rate.rip your engine hard for some time like 15-20 mins and see if this helps
  5. ramesh_v

ramesh_v Novizio

Hosur
    Hi,
    Sure will try that and let u know.....:)
  6. ramesh_v

ramesh_v Novizio

Hosur
    By the way what is the mileage u ppl are getting in 1.3MJD in city and highway long drive? Just to have an idea....
  7. ramesh
    my car has done 3k kms.
    i get 13-14 in city limits and 17-18 on the highway if driven nicely and not rip the engine..
    i got constant 10kmpl when i drove at 170kmph constant..
    my car engine runs cold most of the time. so cant complain about the low effciency.
    if you have a short distance travel like you start the engine, run for 5kms and stop it before the engine becomes warm then the efficiency would be less.
  8. ramesh_v

ramesh_v Novizio

Hosur
    Sri,

Good...my car has done 10k+ and I usually drive to office everyday which is 25km from my home so no question of short distance travel.
    Until reaching 10k it was giving around 20 in highway with 40% a/c and around 16 in local. All this happened after 2nd service....
  9. Blurred Vision while using Wiper during night driving in rains and Abrupt Engine off.

Hi TFIans,

Need your help/suggestion for the following 2 problem.

1. Blurred Vision after using the wiper while Driving in Rains

I have faced this issue last night. it was raining here in mumbai, however, when i switched on the wiper, after the first wipe cycle it gives a blurred vision instead of clear vision. i earlier had thought that it may be the codensation from within the car. Tried wiping the windscreen from within but found that the windscreen was dry within the car and the blurred vision was happening from outside.

I have to keep the wiper speed at 3 to keep the screen clear. Because at speed 1 and 2, even before the wipe cycle gets completed, the blurred vision appears.

2. Abrupt engine switch off while car in Motion:

Yesterday twice i found that the engine stopped while the car was in Motion. This is really risky while driving on highway. I realised the engine stoppage, while taking a turn and the steering wheel was quite hard to steer. I was lucky this happened during night and that too in a road where there was no much traffic movement.
  10. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Disconnect Battery -ve terminal for 2 hours & then reconnect. This should solve it.