1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bhai saab, we admit that DDiS is the benchmark futuristic engine from Maruti (though it's a FIAT MultiJet engine only). We won't see a DDiS competitor for another 10-15 years even if FIAT launches the MultiJet 2 or the Engine of the year award winning MultiAir engine.

Please stop posting these one liners in every thread that just fill some text in the following sentence:

Why is MJD .......... whereas in DDiS it is .................... !!

Have you ever looked back at your posts? Every post is basically aimed at DDiS vs MJD. What is your ultimate agenda?

P.S.- IS ECU RESETTING A TREND IN FIAT MJD? I DON'T THINK SO. HOW MANY PEOPLE RESET THEIR ECUs AS SAID IN THIS THREAD? It was just said that if you think there is drop in torque, reset the ECU by disconnecting the negative terminal for 30 minutes.

We do not need to reset ECUs in FIAT MJDs.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  2. Hi Ramesh,

Have your tried changing your regular diesel bunk?
  3. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I don't mean that either. The battery should be able to support a sustained attempt. Do not go to the extremes. Anyone sensible enough to understand what I mean to say would have known that the ""sprintful"" nature does not come from 65Ah vs 50Ah battery.
  4. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note- Thread merged with the already existing thread. Kindly search the forum before starting a new thread. It just takes a minute. Thanks.
  5. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3

Ramesh anna,

try visiting some other gas station for fuel,even i had the same issues after 2nd service,then as suggested by our connoisseur vijayant sir and other members. i used to get 12+ in city (Delhi) B2B now has come almost to 14 km/l
  6. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    bhai, broadly that is what I am saying, though the 5AH battery would die out very quickly. There can be other technical issues related to the much higher internal resistance of the 5AH battery which can adversely affect the power output if a higher current / power is drawn from the battery. (Between the 50AH and 65AH, that difference would be ignorable.)
    As stated earlier, AH refers to the energy (not the power) stored in the battery, and therefore its life only.
    I have no expertise in IC engines and can only speculate that the lower crank time requirement in Maruti DDiS is most likely because of a more powerful crank motor. I presume that the engine design as well as the type of crank motor (shunt / series, for the electrical engineers) must be the same as MJD.

Yashik, I had misunderstood the last part of your statement in my earlier response. And I could not edit my response because I got a message will be reviewed by a moderator. You and I are saying the same thing.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  7. pranay sharma

pranay sharma

PUNE
    Punto Active - unable to open door from inside

Hi guys

I bought my 1.3MJD red active in nov 10.

i am facing problem with door lock ,it gets stuck ,i can not open the door from inside.

first i have to lower the windows and then open it from outside.

I am facing this problem from the day i purchased the car.

if any body has any suggestion how to resolve the problem .
    pls reply.
  8. 15K Service

Hi All,

I would be taking my Linea MJD EP for second service ( 15k) next week. Would like to any specific items need to be taken up with SA or just follow the checklist provided in the manual. Also mine is June 2010 manufactured vehicle, does it require CSC replacement?

Thanks
    Pukal.D
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Welcome aboard Pranay

The best bet is to take the car to the dealer, since this type of an issue is best resolved at the dealer's end. If some part needs replacement, try and get it done under warranty.

You should've gotten this issue rectified on the day of delivery itself if you're saying that this issue has persisted since day one. But it's never too late and the dealer should be able to resolve it easily.

Gurjinder
  10. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    hi,
    I think paddleshifter explained it very well.
    Adding to that, there are jump starters available in the market. which has battery with capacity ~25Ah.
    Please check the duracell one here.

Rajeev