1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. amitgreat

amitgreat

Gurgaon
    Amazing!

I have Grande Punto MJD I am also driving between Delhi to Gurgaon but I never get mileage more than 16.5km/l my average speed is 26 to 28 Km/H while when I driven on highways it gives a decent mileage around 18 to 19Km/l. I also noticed one big factor i.e. fuel station. It’s really matter. I have tried different fuel station and each I got different mileage.

Nikhil what's your avearge speed?
  2. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    Hey All ,

Yeah I agree to Nikhil, for 1.3mjd, Driving in the range of 70-80km/hr , @ less than 2000 rpm's , at constant speeds & minimal braking will always deliver U more than 22kmpl , but with my 1.3 MJD Epk. I just can't run at these speeds , you really miss the excitement & power , I drove at max 2600 rpm , approx 60-120 speeds & I get efficiency of 16-18 kmpl & I am happy with these figures.

bUt to demonstrate the FE of my punto to my friend , I do run at Nikhil speeds & gain a mileage ...LoL

aTUL
  3. Hey Amit....i travel from Delhi to Gurgaon as well and managed to get 33.7 Kmpl. All i did was driving strictly between 60 and 70. And during downhills i put it on Neutral. Ofcourse this figure is when AC was off....;), But even with AC it touched 29.xx something.

I was driving in SUPER ECONOMY MODE that day....:)

10062011481.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  4. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    During service oil has to be changed from A.S.S. What I did is drained the Selenia and put in Delvac1. have kept the Selenia in a can, which i will put back after 8K kms.
    I dont think the 15K kms drain period works in indian conditions
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    You'll put the drained oil back into the engine? But why.:confused

Gurjinder.
  6. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    +1 to gurjinder! Why would you store and put back the old oil?

I am guessing but did you drain the Selenia right after TASS changed the oil which means the oil is fresh enough and then you are looking to stretch the service interval to 15k kms with Selenia after running 8k with Delvac1. I am tying myself in knots here. I mean this: Run Delvac1 for first 8k kms and then switch to Selenia for the next 7k. Am I guessing right??

But this will lead to unnecessary legwork since you will need to flush the old oil before putting the new one in.
  7. Nikhil Goel

Nikhil Goel Amatore

Its great to see more then 33 kmpl.
    I guess it beats every other car in case of mileage.
  8. gurjinder

Punjab
    Herbie, any updates on the diagnosis of the 'burning' type of smell?

I switched on the AC today and a burning kind of smell, similar to the one when iron welding is being done appeared, but disappeard after about 20 secs.

TFIans, has anyone else experienced this too?

Gurjinder.
  9. is the smell like solder or welding one???
    welding smell is might be due to any leak from vent i guess. it is impoossible for a smell to startt in the engine bay
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    Like welding one.

Will be calling the dealer tomorrow to fix a visit for Saturday morning . The power steering oil reservoir is a bit leaky , so will get it checked too.

Gurjinder.