1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai
    they cannot force you to buy engine oil from them, all you need to do is go to another service station and get the stuff done.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Try another dealer.

M1 0w40 conforms to FIAT specifications and its use should not cause any warranty issues. All dealers should know this, ideally.

TFIan soccerfan recently put Delvac1 in his multijet and got it done fron outside the dealer.

There's bound to be some mixing . Selenia will be completely out only after the second oil change with M1. But most oils tolerate a bit of mixing. So no worries.

Gurjinder.
  3. Abhay Singh

Abhay Singh

Hyderabad
    Hi

Hi All,

I am Abhay from Hyderabad and a proud owner of Punto Multijet.....
    Did a lot of searching and finally Joined TFI......Just went through the anniversary picures....Pictures are just great...wish I was there.....:p

Need an urgent help. Unfortunately I ran over a Dog @120 and the Plastic sheet under the Right Fender is broken (I thought the whole bumper would have gone). Has anyone got a replacement done for this part... I checked with the local dealer and they told me it will take 3-4 days to get one....

Regards
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2011
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome Abhay.

I don't think anybody has changed this part yet. Only way to is to get it replaced with TASC, 3-4 days is acceptable, just make sure they indeed made the order.
    Also do update the spare details here - Spare Price Thread.
  5. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Workshop charged 100rs for shifting over to Delvac1. Infact oil change can be done easily. lift the side with the jack. Remove the drainplug. Oil will start pouring out. Remove the jack. Wait for atleast 30mis for oil to drain out. Insert the drain plug and tighten it. Fill the new oil. thats it.
  6. gurjinder

Punjab
    Change the oil filter whenever you plan to change the oil. Otherwise its a job only partially done.

@extremex

Did the dealer agree to use M1 without any issues regarding warranty?

Gurjinder.
  7. extr3mex

extr3mex Amatore

Cochin

Is it possible to get my car serviced from another normal workshop (non authorized service center) . Will that cut my warranty?
  8. extr3mex

extr3mex Amatore

Cochin
    The dealer told there is no problem is changing the oil to mobil 1. But just that I have to buy from them (Hyson Motors, Thrissur).
  9. extr3mex

extr3mex Amatore

Cochin

But if we do it ourselves, then they will cut our warranty rite?
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    It is a pleasant surprise that the dealer has agreed to used M1. I'd suggest get it replaced by the dealer so that the warranty stays intact.

Haggle a bit on the price front and I don't think Made in Singapore should be an issue. Mobil will definitely have the same quality checks there and anyways, Singapore isn't China :p
    Try and get the dealer to use half of your stock of M1 & half of his, provided both are same. This way both can have their way.

Gurjinder.