1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. jishnu
    your car crank time is perfect. absolutely normal.nothing wrong with it.
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Yep that is what I too feel. Infact, my car takes a little more than this. Now I need to check it up.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Its perfect.

However, its always a good practice to crank the moment the glow plug light goes off .

If there is a delay in cranking after the light has gone off, turn off the ignition, then take it to MAR and then crank rightaway after the glow plug light goes.

Gurjinder.
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even I have observed that the crank time of my MJD is more as compared to TATA Safari. :p

Though I am out of touch of physics and just remember a part of what I used to remember till 10+2, 50Ah and 65Ah batteries are different only wrt the fact that a 50Ah battery can provide 50 Amp for 1 hour or 25 Amp for 2 hours where as a 65Ah will provide 65Amp for 1 hour or 33 Amp for 2 hours etc.

It all depends upon how much is being drawn from the battery. So get a 12 V 25 Ah battery got your Swift VDi and it shall be as ""sprintful"" and ""energetic"" as it used to be with a 65 Ah battery.
  5. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    You are right about this. 65AH & 50AH indicate the energy (power * time) stored in the battery. A battery with higher AH (Ampere-Hours or Energy) will have a longer life.

This does not mean it can supply more power. The power will be a function of the starting motor only. Maybe Swift has a more powerful motor.
  6. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    I finally got an appointment with TASS for changing air filter and fixing some noise coming from LHS while accelerating. My odo reads 4100 kms but I decided to give it for first service for two reasons, 1) I don't want to keep on going to that govt. department again and again. 2) It's raining in Mumbai and don't want to fall prey of auto rickshaw fare refusal twice in 15 days!

As a part of this service the attendant told me to get car's registration number etched on all glasses which will cost around 1250 bucks. I agreed. Probably a nice way to print and hide registration number at multiple locations on car. Also, will get my nitrogen filling checked and topped up.

Expecting my pocket rocket to be back in full action today! BTW, is it necessary to cover-up car with car cover during rains? I park my car in open and my car keeps on facing nature's wrath. One of my friends told me that rather than covering car keep it open otherwise condensation will occur on electronics etc.
  7. Prabu

Prabu Novizio

Bangalore
    Finally (last week Friday) I took the car to KHT Motors whitefield. They initially said pick-up is fine no issues but I told really there is some kind of pickup issue. After the negotiation they took the car to service bay returned after 30mins said they cleaned "fuel filter" and "air filter". But I had cleaned air filter already. Then I found the pickup was good enough as it was before.

I haven't tried disconnecting the battery so far. I was thinking when the pickup becomes not upto the mark will try it.

Thanks everyone for your help.
  8. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Okay. So i got my car back. Slightly disappointing. I can still hear something vibrating on LHS although not loud but audible. They didnt changed air filter, they said its okay and they just cleaned it. After service engine is marking more grunt noise but more power than before. Got registration number etched, not very elegant but some sort of safety.
  9. extr3mex

extr3mex Amatore

Cochin
    Help needed on ASS Synthetic OIL Change! ! !

Hey guys, My GP 1.3 is aroudn 25k now, ma service is nearing at 30k. I wanted to change the engine oil to fully synthetic Mobil 1 0w-40 . I asked the Service center the price of it and they qouted me around Rs.1150 per litre (which is singapore made). I presently have 8 brand new cans of Mobil 1 (made in USA-better quality than singapure made)with me which my friend bought from abroad(at comparatively lower price and better quality oil too). So, I asked the service center people if they can use the ones which i bought . AND THEY SAID "NO WE WONT CHANGE THE OIL WHICH U HAVE BOUGHT, U HAVE TO BUY FROM US " . What do you guys think? How can they tell not to use the oil which I have bought which is completely original and genuine. ? Am open to suggestion guys and I want to use the oil which I have bought which is of better quality. Have any1 of you bought outside and used it on your punto??

Thanks in advance
  10. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Lubricants & rubber parts are some of the things where the service centres earn money through the customer when "free servicing".

There is NO such rule that the customer HAS to buy things from the service centre. You can try another service centre; if talking some sense into this one is useless.
    You could suggest you will not hold the service centre responsible and take responsibility yourself if the engine is damaged SOLELY due to the engine oil you supplied.. (that might calm them down).

I suggest stick to Selenia this time.. and at next oil change @45K kms, clean up (flush) the whole engine and use the mobil1. OR if you can prolong till 60K kms oil change, nothing like it.
    Selenia is really a good oil.. The engine will continue to be in healthy state till 60k kms or more! without a flush.

Personally, I'd never mix 2 different brands of oil's together in the engine (even if same grade). the flush will ensure Selenia is out. After all its laboratory chemicals we're talking about..
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2011