1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    It depends upon Battery power. Multijet has 12 V 50 Ah Batter pack.

But having same engine Maruti Swift comes with 12 V 65 Ah.
    That's why cranking of DDiS is more energetic & sprintful.

More battery ampere means more cranking power & more starting torque to starter motor.

After some days Multijet user can upgrade battery from 50 Ah to 60 Ah as mentioned
    in Owners' Mannual of FIAT Multijet.
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  2. gurjinder

that car started even before a full crank of the starter motor..
    this is quite opposite to our car's crank timing
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Bhai sahab, as per my experiences of driving a Linea MJD and Swift Vdi , i've found that the Linea starts a bit better and faster than the Swift. The Swift im talking bout is not old and worn out , but just 20,000 kms run.

I'd made this video of the Linea when it was brand new . And this much of a crank time is ok.

Thats the beauty of the old Toyota engines brother. Nothing beats them.

4. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Grande Punto 1.4
    smell from AC vents..

this is one of those strange issues which is frustrating me to the hilt coz i am damn sure it wont crop up when i am taking my car to the service center :(

there is this mild to moderate smell of burning plastic or rubber coming from the AC vent while driving and its not constant...here and then instance :(
    last night it recurred while going out for a drive...

my punto is just 5 months old (got delivery back in 1st week of jan)..its a 1.4 petrol version..
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Might be the Gas is low but anyways just take it to TASS ASAP.
  6. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Check cable insulation..Might be any cables insulation getting burnt and the smell is coming out from the AC vents..
  7. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Grande Punto 1.4

...like i said its not a regular event...happens at times, what do i tell the service guys( i got an appointment on wednesday) ...when they check it m sure they are gonna flag it as OKAY IF the smell doesnt turn up :( ....where should i tell them to check....
  8. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

this always happens in my frends swift petrol..it only comes in the start when the a/c is in outside circulation mode not refresh mode..
  9. herbie
    get the vents and their pipes checked..
    that must be a cause of the smell..
  10. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Here is a video of the start up. Sorry for the bad sound quality( listen at your own risk :p).

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2011