1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. sanjay_mugur

sanjay_mugur Timido

Bangalore
    its in PUNTO brochure & also in FIAT india website.... also when i test drove the 90bhp PUNTO, the rear was not behaving as good as my FIAT PALIO & hence my doubt got confirmed from their SUSPENSION specification on FIAT's website...
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I've checked out the website and here are my conclusions.

The 'stabilizer bar' you refer to are nothing but anti-roll bars.

Now, the Punto comes with a Torsion Beam at the rear and an anti roll bar at the front. The reason for the 'missing' anti roll bar at the rear is simple - its not needed, the torsion beam itself acts as an anti roll bar among other duties that it performs.

So rest assured on this count. All members here swear by the Punto's driving capabilities.

Yes, Lineas do come with an anti roll bar at the rear also, but that is to counter the increased body roll because of the extra weight and length,

I hope i've cleared a few doubts. :)

Gurjinder
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Anyone facing a blue n me prob..just reset blue n me...Just a reminder that its made by Microsoft so a reset always works..
    If still u guys are facing problems then opt for a replacement..FIAT is replacing Blue n Me boxes under warranty for those facing problems..
  4. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Crank Time

From the car day from my car got delivered i feel that the crank time to start the engine is little too long. I had a Logan diesel earlier which started very quickly as compared to my Linea. I shall be posting a video soon, showing the start-up. Can anyone tell how many seconds does it take for a normal crank? Thanks in advance.
    Cheers,
    Jishnu
  5. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @jishni

U own a mutijet or a FIRE?? Yea multijets do take a bit of time to crank..nuthin to worry about..I leave the rest to the multijet owners..
  6. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    I own a MJD. But i think it's too long.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Post up a vid Jishnu.

Common rail diesels inherently have long-ish crank times when compared to their erstwhile non-common rail brethren. But anyways, it shouldn't be "too" long a crank time.

Also , try starting the car with and without the race chip to check if its causing any delays.

Gurjinder.
    P.S. This video is one of the reasons why i still prefer old school diesel engines to the modern "gizmo gadgetry" engines. See how it starts and idles.
  8. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    This time I just deleted the pairing and user data after which blue n me started working fine. I thought of upgrading the Blue n me ver but when I connected the USB with the files it found a config error and didn't update.
  9. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @mhitesh

Buddy ur blue n me box is corrupt for sure..Opt for an replacement..tell TASS u have done everything including reset thingy..they shudnt create any hassles for the replacement..
  10. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Do you notice this when the engine is cold?? And when the engine is hot, does the ignition time reduce??