1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    thats great. BTW what speed you maintain.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Awesome figures. I guess the AC was off as the temp is 11*C. This thread is your ownership thread so you can use it for ownership review and updates.
  3. drarvindc

drarvindc

Nagpur
    Goel Saab,

Any special driving techniques you follow? That's great FE. Max i could get out of my 90 hp was 24 km/l. Way to go and hope to see more pics and details in future from you.

Regards

Arvind
  4. Nikhil Goel

Nikhil Goel Amatore

Hey Guys...
    Below are all my driving techniques, I learned during my Mechanical Engineering.

1. Always do the tank full and either in the morning when you start the car or in the night when you are going to stop the car.
    2. Maintain the Air pressure exactly what is mentioned in the manual i.e. 32 in all four tires for Emotion. (Air pressure decreases the mileage from 1-1.5)
    3. Try to drive between 1700 RPM to 2000 RPM (i.e. 70-80 Kms/hr) as above 2000 RPM a secondary throttle valve is opened for extra power.
    4. Do not accelerate or deacelerate frequently.

Mine is giving 26-28Km/L in winters with AC off and 22-24 in Summers with AC on. When I am in city traffic jams I get 20-22 Km/l. The worst average I got was 18 Km/L when there was traffic everywhere and it was raining heavy in Delhi last year.

Enjoy driving!!!!
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    No buddy, there is no 'secondary throttle valve' in here. :p

Its just that after 2000 rpm's , the turbo has attained the required rotation speeds and produces peak/ near to peak boost and makes the engine produce more power ( More boost+ More fuel = Increased power) ; thats why you feel the engine becoming powerful after 2000rpm or so. And in the process it does consume more fuel than when driving sedately, say below 2000rpms.

Cheers.

Gurjinder.
  6. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Hey Nikhil,

Thanks for the Tips and congrats on the great mileage.
    You mentioned you have covered 24000 Kms, is the 1st pic an old one? as it shows km reading as 15510.
  7. drarvindc

drarvindc

Nagpur
    Did a quick test in my Punto (90 hp) few hours back and the values are no where close to what you have....

Distance covered : 6 kms
    FE : 13.9 km/l
    average Speed : 28 km/hr
    time : 12 mins
    AC on : 24 degree C
    Tried with all the above tips of yours and there was no traffic as such.

Mild steering wobble - non significant could be the road. Vehicle pulls to left - again may be the road (wasnt there few days back).

In the past 6 months or so, never got more that 14-15 km/l . Anything i should worry about ?
  8. Nikhil Goel

Nikhil Goel Amatore

Hey dude dont be sad about this...
    Dragging may be a factor but not that much... Also please try to go for around or more than 40 kms to achieve this mileage...
    You will never get a good mileage in short distances, it will be around 15-17 in short distances < 15 kms.

Yes dude, this pic is of around Dec, 2010. Now my baby is around 1 yr old.

Mods Note - Please avoid back-to-back posts. Use Edit option.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2011
  9. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai
    Nice one! I got a 20kmpl on my Tjet. Will post that image shortly.
  10. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    When / How? Tips please.