1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    My car's A/C got repaired under warranty. It was a gas leakage issue.
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    5100 ~5200 rpm :)

5th gear perfomance
    2000rpm-80
    2500rpm-100
    3000rpm-120
    3500rpm-140
    4000rpm-160
    4500rpm-:steering
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  3. I believe anti stall works in Swift too (Petrol). I remember the time when I got new swift. I used to reverse the car with no accel or go few meters. I used to do that fun though :p. learning and experimenting days...
  4. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    First service interval for Fiat Grande Punto Emotion Pk

Hi guys,

Can someone please let me know what's the first service interval for Punto? In service booklet it's said 5k kms or 5 months whichever is earlier however, I have seen on other threads that people have gotten their punto serviced at 3k kms.

Also, I have clocked 3700 kms on my punto. So far I am extermely happy with it however recently I am feeling a dip in power of car. When I am lifting it over a bridge from a stop condition, I have to really press the accelator hard to reach 30-40 kmph untill i reach top of the bridge. What could be the cause? I feel the turbo only kicks in only after 2k mark however on specs its said 197 nm torque at 1750 rpm. When will this happen?

Is it something to do with clogged Air Filter or polluted engine oil? BTW I live in place where there is lot of construction activities happening thus lot of dust and mud is spilled all over place and I need to drive through that. Can this block air filter causing dip in power? Do I need to frequently change filters (air filter/AC filter etc.)

I know there are loads of queries but couldnt stop my self asking since cannot find a better platorm than this.

Thanks!

BTW just forgot to mention its MJD with mileage of around 15 kmpl, ACC on all time, mix of city and highway drive, daily commute of 60-80 kms
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2011
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The service interval is 3months or 3K KM.
    Not sure if this has changed for new cars though.
  6. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Thanks for replying...do any of my other queries make sense in this section?
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sam, take some time to go through various threads. Most probably you would get the answer of your questions.

And in dusty area, good to have air filter cleaned more frequently.
  8. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    BTW, I called up fiat customer care and they confirmed for new cars its 5k or 6 months whichever is earlier. I will appreciate if someone can please comment on my other queries.
  9. PuntoRoman

PuntoRoman

NEW DELHI
    Few basic queries

How to set time and date in my GP 90 HP?
    Is there an option to use Aux in in my car? if then, how?
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Hi Sam, welcome aboard.

+1 to Ravi

And,bear in mind that driving a turbo diesel is a lot different than a petrol or a normally aspirated diesel.
    The first and second gears of these cars are deliberately kept short to aid quick movement from a standstill , even with a full load of passengers and cargo. However short ratios mean that the max speed achievable in that particular gear will not be much, and rpm's will be high.

So, my suggestion would be to get the air filter cleaned up and try various permutations of speed and rpm in each gear to find the 'sweet spot' in the engine. i.e. which gear to be in at what speed. Do try and revert back.

Gurjinder