1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Fiat should mention it clearly in their website. Why this turbo lag in growing with Fiat global.
  2. Prabu

Prabu Novizio

Bangalore
    My average speed in MID is 19 kmpl, also once in a month I will go highway it's about 600-800 kms on a highway.
  3. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Disconnect the battery. Reset the ECU and then check.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    perfect. this has become a regular exercise for me know.

i am yet to figure out at what instance the ECU picks up some strange data and after that the car looses the boost in low revvs. after the reset it becomes perfect.

once i get time i will do the investigations on my laptop and let everyone know.

my initial guess is the fuel. i have observed this when i shift from bharat petroleum to HP etc.
    my 2nd suspect is the climate and AC parameters.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @Prabu

Here's a few tips on ecu resetting.

Plus, what is still an unknown variable till now is the choking up of the catalyst fitted right after the turbo in the Multijets.

Until and unless it is seeing temperatures high enough to burn the carbon soot deposited in it , it will keep getting blocked . And we will experience a corresponding decrease in performance.

Our daily city commutes do not provide for such high exhaust gas temperatures and pressures.

So , a nice thrashing once in a while will also help. i.e. Keeping the revs ,say 2000+ for atleast 7-10 kms continuously ( I'd personally prefer 3000rpm+ in say 3rd or 4th gear so that car speed stays in a safe limit ) . So that the catalyst sees some high temps and consequently burns off the carbon soot deposited in it. And that frees up the catalyst. And a free flowing catalyst = faster spooling turbo= more performance.;)

Gurjinder.
  6. arjunr

arjunr Amatore

Bangalore
    Are these top speeds at 4000 RPM ?

Whats the max RPM you can push the car too ?
  7. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    @sid_10000: I just realised that you are talking about the TJet, and I am quite surprised. I haven't faced any issue yet on my TJet. When I exit my office basement (or even at malls), I have often stopped and started on the ramp with no stalling issues.
    Whe I compare with my Esteem, I find the response of my TJET much better, and it does not vary whether there are 4 ppl in the car or only one (unlike the Esteem). I have had embarrassing episodes with my Esteem stalling in Mumbai when climbing with 5 ppl towards Powai from Ghatkopar side. Will probably get a better idea when I go to Lonavala this weekend.
    I had presumed that the issue is with the MJD, as diesels do have an issue with starting torque.
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  8. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Adding to the above point (Mods: I cant edit the earlier post any more), I often have a problem in close in traffic in the city when I am in 1st/2nd/3rd gear: if my foot is not on the brake, the car begins to accelerate - I think it goes to 15kmph or so on its own without any accelerator input in 2nd gear (~1000rpm), such is the low end torque of the car. So, I often have to shift to neutral and / or use my brakes to ensure I dont bang into the vehicle ahead.
  9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @abk... I think this is because of the anti stall feature . The ECU controls it and the required fuel is automatically supplied so as to prevent stalling.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @abk
    So is the case with the diesel.

Even the old Palio D has this feature. I once worked through all the 5 gears i.e. 1-5 with my foot off the accelerator pedal. By simply letting go of the clutch smoothly in every gear ; the car computer did the rest.

@cinju
    Technically, the ECU gives a bit of throttle input ; i.e it doesnt merely pump in extra fuel but acts as if we're pressing the pedal.

Gurjinder.