1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. if the repair charges are less than the no claiim bonus it is better to pay from your pocket. if the repair charges are high than the no claim bonus then its better for the claim
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

If the total bill amount is more than 30% of your current paid up insurance amount, then go for it.
  3. sungoa2010

When I checked the coolant level before my Goa -cochin trip, I found it was on min level(engine in cold condition). I immediately took the car to TASS and had a Gen check up, which cost me 560 Rs. The package include all fluid level top up, some spray application on side windows, lubricant on door and air filter cleaning. They filled the coolant container with something hot and and when I asked them they told it is water. I never expected that they will go to these extend. When I asked him he doesn't have any idea about the coolant brand or the mixing ration. I took the manual and taught him proper ration. Thank god they didn't fill with any other coolant. Any way I decided to drive the vehicle and thought I will change it later. After reaching Cochin I checked the level and it was well above the min. One can add water in urgent situation like if the coolant level come down drastically during traveling and one has no option of getting the coolant. But the TASS fellows simply making their own laws without even knowing what are the properties of the coolant. I also observed another thing. The guy who was cleaning the air filter was hitting it on the dusty floor twice to remove the dust. I don't know who will teach them proper cleanliness. Also they filled the same water in washer fluid container.

When I asked RF motors(Cochin) for coolant they told they don't sell it. Can we purchase engine oil,coolant,washer fluid and distilled water from out side?
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    yes my intention is somewhat of simile. we (kerala)dont have roads for 100+, if we are trying @may god bless us.

180kmph with 90hp heart will take ages to attain with a sixth gear.

exactly that is what i intended.

bucky(my friend from south africa, an auto geek by birth) has got two 90's bmw. one he maintains for perfomance with special dohc ,tuning box..blah blah.second one he changed its rear axle ratio now it is smooth sedate ride. i feel curious and much helpless when he go ga-ga over his modifications .
  5. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Folding Front seats

Hi All,

Punto's front(driver & passenger) seats can not be folded forward completely as the rear seats.

Is there any option/solution for this.
  6. sungoa2010

I agree with Jayadev. It is very difficult to attain 100 + peacefully on many highways in kerala due to high density of road blockers(auto,private buses, pedestrians chatting on the rods.....).
  7. Prabu

Prabu Novizio

Fiat MJD - Drop in Torque

Hi All,

In the past few days I've noticed a change in Torque offered in my MJD. Earlier when I change the gears torque will be there so pickup was good/better. But recently I noticed there is a drop in the torque due to that have to accelerate hard to get moving and to maintain the speed.

Did anyone of you faces this problem? I tried cleaning air-filter and etc no much difference.

Is there a any specific parameter I should look for when I visit TASS? (using their defect detection instrument)

8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Is there any other symptoms other than lack of pickup - say excessive smoke or something else?
  10. sungoa2010

Can one use eco drive in Emotion variant

Is it possible to use ecodrive software with Emotion variant if one connect the aux cable?