1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. i have my photos doing 170 the speed increases slightly if you are on a downward slope.
    heard 90 can do 180 easily. so 190 might be its limit

2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    i am sorry it seems the schematic is misleading . i did not mean additional 6th gear .

i like to have have 5th gear taller.technically it is as simple as changing the diameter of gear wheels but practically - suggestion required.

at 2000rpm these mjd's purrs beyond that it roars.

there is 10percent positive speedo error . so speedo showing 160kmph means it is 150 on the road. as per sources punto 90hp can do max of 162kmph it may have speed limiters.

i have driven my punto90hp ,its no fun to drive at 160+kmph . engine sound is perfectly acceptable but at those speeds it feels like car is stuck in storm , dreaded wind noise is maddening.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Already told you about it in my earlier post.

You need to pull your expectations down a bit. If you think that the Grande Punto is gonna behave like a GT car at those speeds , then you're mistaken. It has its limitations and we have to learn to drive within those limits.

Cruising at 160+ without any associated discomfort is the realm of the Grand Touring cars like the Quattroporte and the Luxury monsters as the 7-series, Audi A8 and the like.

4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    thanks Gurjinder.

i understand that .but punto is still better than many other cars in its segment. i am not interested see 160 on my odo ,but100 is more than enough(in India)
  5. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

thnx for the correction buddy :)
  6. royj

royj Esperto

I guess the only issue will be with hard water - the minerals present in it can cause scaling and deposits and reduce heat transfer efficiency.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Now come on, you didn't start this thread just to conclude that 100 is all you expect on the highways. 100 is something many people achieve in city as well at times. The essential criterias for a hatchback to be a good highway car are:
    - planted ride at 150-160 or more
    - safe with all safety features
    - ability to respond to accelerator pedal briskly ateast till 150.

By the way, anyone tried i20 CRDi with 6 gears? I think it does 100kmph when rpm is at 2000 because of the additional 6th gear.

What advantage does a car hold with 2k rpm vs 2.5k rpm at a speed of 100?
  8. little less fuel consumption i guess.
    when i was doing that speeds 160 the IC was showing 10.2-10.6 range constant.
    is this the mileage normal??
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Yashik paji, those criteria are satisfied the best by the Bravo 2.0 Multijet. :p

Advantages are lesser wear and tear on the engine due to low revs and most probably increased efficiency.

But bear in mind that the 6th gear is in most cases a 'super overdrive', so more often than not you'll be shifting down to 5th for quick overtaking maneouvres.

10. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

when is an insurance claim good ?

Hi folks,
    After my first year with the car,I renewed my insurance with Bajaj Alliance in April.
    I had not claimed any in the first year.
    About two days back,I had a small brush with another alto [he was talking on cell while taking a turn].He hit my driver side door,causing a slight dent and some paint scratches on the door , fender and the wheel cover.
    I am not sure how much would be the expenses.But then I had friends advising me not to go for a claim if the restoration charges are not high.
    I am not sure how this equation works ?
    Seeking advise from the experienced ones.