1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. it was above half.
    like just below 3 quarters full..
    it was nice to hear though

btw
    guys the underbody has had quite a few acrapes during various offroading adventures with my beauty.
    do you think underbody treatment would be necesssary now that many users are complaining about rust??
    or should i wait for the 15k srevice and get it done then?
    Last edited: May 23, 2011
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its reverse, 40% Coolant and 60% Demineralised Water.

coolent.jpg
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Non of them specified to use distilled water and even after pointing out they answered its used in battery and assured me(spoke to head workshop in Bharati Auto and also confirmed with Manager in Wasan and concorde Motors) ) that there will be no problem with water as normal water is used all over the world with coolant .So I got them bisleri water bottles to be on the safer side.So they put 4 liters of para flu and 1.5 liters of water and later i must have added 1/4 liter of bisleri water more as coolant level went down due after some running.They told me that after flushing some water do remain in the radiator thus total quantity didn't reach 7.6 liters as specified in the manual.No of the TASS mentioned distilled water and the specified ratio.
  4. any special things to be attended during the 1st free service..
    balancing and alignment
    suspension sounds.
    door lock lever
    and topping up all fluids( i guess)
    any thing more to be taken extra care??
    btw anti rust treatment now that there are quite a few complaints of rusting cabins...
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    100kmph in 2000rpm??

whenever i cog in 5th gear in my punto it reminds me that i am riding on a small city car.
    i wish i had a little more relaxed ride .

is it possible in india for a punto/linea(fiat india) ?

can we alter the gear ratios

do we have any sources.

(let us stay away from pros and cons )

C514610.jpg
    Last edited: May 27, 2011
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have heard people doing this to M800 and Gypsy only where some people have plonked a 5-speed gearbox in the older cars that used to come with 4-speed gearbox. Even in our Govt. hospital, one Govt Gypsy has a 5-speed gearbox. Actually that was when the driver told me about 5-speed gearboxes being put in older cars.

Going by the numbers, I am sure it is not possible to do this modification on Punto/Linea.

Ok, not to go off-topic but you should also explain what you mean by more "relaxed ride". Since yours in 90Hp, it can go all the way upto 180kmph (I have seen photo of Linea 1.3MJD from Bangalore/Chennai with 180kmph on speedo).

I think what troubles you is the NVH above 2500rpm?

Because otherwise, at least till 150kmph, neither Punto nor Linea show any out of breath situation. So I guess it matches the criteria of being a highway car perfectly.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Not going into the pros and cons, it cannot be done in India at the moment.

These things are done in "tuned" Esteems and Zens , where one or more gear cogs or complete boxes are changed to aid acceleration or enhance top speed.

You do know that if you put a 5th gear having ratio higher than the current one, you'll most probably have to shift lower to overtake anything. The Corolla D4D's 6 speed is a classic example. The 6th is only for cruising, nothing else. We dont have the luxury of 6 cogs, only 5. :)

Gurjinder.
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @Paddleshifter ...Sorry a small query off this topic.. What are the max speeds attainable in 75 BHP & 90 BHP (user's feedback) ?
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Cinju, I have a photo of the speedo of Sujith1100's 75hp with the needle pointing at 160kmph (photo in desktop) I think it can attain a max of 165-170kmph. 90hp should be able to do 180-190 on speedo.
  10. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    forget abt Diesels, In our meet @ Delhi thread, pics of NitinDBAs 1.2 petrol are there where the needle is nudging well passed 150. On my 75 bhp I have done 160+ on Megahighway in rajasthan.