1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. hamara bhasha iski samajh ke bahar hai shayad...
    isliye ye cheez kaam sahi nahi karti.
    stop bhi kaam nahi kar raha abhi!!!
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Posting the pic to show Loop settings.

Loop settings.jpg
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    what I have noticed in my Linea MJD that little load there when engine cold, however when hot load neglible.
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    THE TASS - Coolant change delima

I have noticed the TASS doesn't adhere to the guidelines of fiat in coolant change.Fiat recommends coolant Paraflu UP.Its mentioned on the container that mixture should be 50% coolant and 50% water. However in manual its 60-40 ratio.So even u take 50% it comes to 3.75 ltrs coolant and rest 3.75 ltrs water However I have spoken to couple of TASS(wasan, om sai etc) in Bombay they don't even mention the ratio_One told me u an put 5 litrs coolant , another 4 litres.the best one Bharati Auto put another coolant(recommended by Tata for there cars) in my car and I had to make them flush it out and put the recommended one.Question mark on there knowledge and training.
  5. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @varin

TASS are noobs in such matters..best thing is u buy a pack of Paraflu and do the topups urself..Same goes for oil topups too..

Ratio for coolant : 60% Coolant, 40% Demineralised water.
  6. i dont know about the FIAT coolant ratio though. sorry.
    thats bad of those people to put tata coolant in your car.
    i had a logan previously. when the coolant level went low a little like regular i topped it up with normal distilled water.
    later after a few days engine oil was getting backflowed in to the coolant container.the reason they found that some seal in the pathway for the coolant and the engine oil was damaged due to water and always we need to put only coolant full quantity in logan radiator setup..

60:40 seems to be better since the same instrucyions are everywhere for all the puntos all over the world where as these containers are made locally.
    this also satisfies a little in the above logan thing that more coolant or complete coolant in the complete chain
    Last edited: May 23, 2011
  7. ot
    cant we get that boot release button working on our punto??
    that would be better than opening the door every time and searching for the lever
  8. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Everything is possible ... But sourcing parts and then getting them installed would be a herculean task ....

Also , some major mods need to be done ...

So be happy with the present lever !!!!! U will get used to the positon of the lever .. Now, I can easily use the lever without actually looking at it ...
  9. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    ^^^^ yup , it would take a little time to build up the RPM !!!
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @varin 11

Good you got the correct coolant in the system. Whenever in doubt, go by the book.

Plus, i would also recommend not using the engine oil which these service centres have in "drums". Buy those 1 litre packs of FIAT recommended engine oil from the service centre instead; make sure they put it in your presence and ensure complete peace of mind.

Srikar bhai that is a classic case of a blown head gasket or the head itself having a crack or two.

Gurjinder.