1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How to remove GP antenna or is it removable at all?

Does any body know how to remove the GP's antenna before covering it with the car cover?
    Mine in June2010 manufactured.
    I'm unable to remove the stock antenna. Is it removable?
    From the looks, it appears that it is fixed and doesn't look to be detachable.
    S.O.S. It is an emergency. Hope I get a reply soon. ::V
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: How to remove GP antenna or is it removable at all?

Not sure about how to do, but if I remember correctly, in Manual its given how to remove the antenna.
  3. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Ok. Thanks. I'll go and see the manual. :)
    I'm in a hurry and want to cover it now but the antenna is refusing to let me proceed. ::D
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

In linea it is removed by turning it anti clockwise. It would be same in Punto.
  5. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Yes, I tried rotating it in anti-clockwise direction.

Am I doing it correctly?

I've attached 1 pic of the antenna below. This antenna seems to be a single piece thing.
    I'm assuming that the long, thin aerial/antenna is screwed into the broad base below at position 1, which in turn is attched to the roof of the GP at position2.

I'm trying it at position 1 shown in the pic.
    or
    Is it by any chance removed from position 2?

From which point do you remove it in your Linea? How much force do you have to apply to rotate it? I'm not trying it too hard.

Antenna.jpg
  6. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE

It is neither the 1 or 2 (I think). The antenna as far as my Linea is concerned is not a single piece thing, as the picture shown below, try to unscrew the antenna in the position 3 I have shown, but do not try very hard. If it is a single piece it might break. In my Linea I remove the same in that position.

The best thing is to make a small hole in the cover, so every day you need not remove the Antenna, I have done the same.

[attachment=0:nt7qstvi]Antenna.JPG[/attachment:nt7qstvi]

Antenna.JPG
  7. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Thanks a ton Naren!
    I had a real close view but the thing apears to be a single piece.
    Had it been screwed at this position three3, I think there should have been a "hair line fracture"(sorry! don't know how to describe it better) visible over here.
    Anyways! I check it again. :clapping

Edit- Just checked it again. Visually checked and then palpated through it's entire length with my fingers. It is a single piece.
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

Ive seen my cousins VW Polo cover. It had a kind of pocket for the antenna in the same material as the cover. So you should get something similar to save you the trouble of removing the antenna everytime you want to use the cover.

You can also have the attachment (after making a hole at that spot )at the car seat maker

Abdul
  9. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

::V Actually, I've not yet opened my FOC TATA car cover to check whether it has a hole or an attachment or nothing. I think it is not too soft. The other one is too costly @ Rs2500. Better to get one custom made with good quality soft cloth.

I would prefer to make a hole in it.

As of now, I just went outside and covered her up with my M800's cover that we got custom made with very soft and quality cloth some years back. It could cover only till behind the antenna.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

I just checked, couldn't find it :hit .

Also, I think Linea's antenna is at back of roof whereas in Punto its in front. So process might be different.