1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Lets not argue like mother-in-law and daughter-in-law. Bros, I think why people used to rev the old age cars before stopping was to build some charge in the old battery for next start few hours later. :p I might have just said the most baseless/illogical thing in this thread but this is just my 2 cents on the subject.

Cool down your turbos and relax. :)
    Last edited: May 20, 2011
  2. i might be wrong.. never mind still have lots to learn from all the guru's here..
    I'm out of this thread
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    if no arguments/fun, then what are forums for ?
    we have wikipedia and maintenance manuals do you find any fun in there? .

if it is with present generation fiat cars then stick to this.

first start of the day you drive immediately (no idling ) in slow rpms for couple of kms.

intermittently if it needs long(more than 5-10 mins) to remain idle turn off the engine.

while turning off (every time) let engine ,idle for 2-4 minutes.
    1 person likes this.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    I remember reading somewhere in the user manual that there is no need to rev high before you are on the move. The mciroprocessor takes care of the warming up the engine. It uses the phrase "start and go" if I remember correctly.
    My family had a 1984 model Mahindra Jeep for close to 15 years. No need to say it is the older generation diesel engine and used to rev high when starting and stopping. If we didn't rev up while stopping, starting it the next day wouldn't be that easy because battery would be very low because of the previous night's drive with headlights on. And I think what PaddleShifter said is correct to that point.
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yeah these new technology car are all set for Start and go but be carefull not to rev high as soon as you start,
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    microprocessor cannot help much if it does by controlling fuel injection it should be negligible.

the basic reason for warming up is to bring the over all temperature of system to optimum level as soon as possible.

if it is just engine which remains idle revving then the remaining parts like transmission ,exhaust and even wheels etc are dormant .
    better to make them all work simultaneously ; a cold transmission or wheels will have much more resistance to rev than warm ones(even lubricating oil will have much viscosity when cold).

when question comes
    then we should consider every tid-bits available.
  7. guys decide on a final thing.
    every one has his own point to prove.
    till then i might not even start the car.
    its either idling like most of us do or
    go slowly without idling and take take time till the engine warms up and then drive normal
  8. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Why don't sedans have rear wipers?

Is there a logical/technical reason to it?
    The only sedans I remember with rear wipers are Accent Viva and Octavia (essentially a notchback)
    Can someone throw some light on this?:uh
  9. becausr rear wipers are needed on cars without tail.
    with tail dust would be accumulated on the tail rather than on the rear windshield
  10. Due to the creation of vortex the dust get accumulated on the rear windshield of the hatchbacks, which is not the case with the sedans.

And rear wipers are provided to get rid off the dust and not water. :)

EDIT: Hyundai Accent Viva and Skoda Octavia are notchbacks and rear wipers are needed owing to the fact that they've relatively smaller boot.