1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Hey Dilip, thank you so much for this lead.
    Just one question, can this be used by local car painters since they will be having their own sprayer and other equipment
  2. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Since , this comes in the form a Spray-can , the local painters wont be able to use with their sprayers ....

You may ask them , may be the top nozzle/cap can be removed and attached to their sprayers [remote possibility]....

But these spray cans are effective for only small patches/scratches ... And more of a DIY thing !!!!
    Last edited: May 19, 2011
  3. actually tell them to practice a little over a paper a little paint might get wasted but its worth it and then use normal strokes like his sprayer and paint it up..
    also use the spray from a little longer distance than the normalsprayer...
    also that kit has got the filler and sand paper also. it will be worth all the money
  4. Cool, thank you guys, i have ordered a kit already, cost 400 INR
  5. now i understand..
    so idling 60-90 sec is normal for mjd... there is no harm idling..
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    low rpms leads to lesser pressure for combustion.

low rpms does not help much for turbo rather boost carbon deposits.

frequent start stop to just save fuel is not healthy but idling is not just an alternative either.

i would suggest follow what bible says.
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    ^^ The point to remember here is that the turbo spins at a very high rpm and will take time to spin down and stop. This is the case even if you stop the engine. So if you are stopping from a low rpm, the turbo will stop faster.
    The issue is when the engine stops, lubrication to the turbo bearings also stops. So stopping without idling would cause the turbo to spin without proper lubrication resulting in higher wear and premature failure.
  8. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Is it applicable to TJet also ?
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @roy j

Right said. And secondly , you've gotta cool the turbo down before stopping. Hence the idling before shutdown. This is why :
    The oil will flow through the turbo only if the engine is running. The oil acts as a lubricant as well as a coolant here. If we stop the engine before the turbo has had time to cool off a bit, the turbo's bearings and seals are gonna fry themselves under continued abuse.

Similar is the case with the TJET. Although its turbo is water cooled, but the exhaust temperatures of a petrol are far greater than a diesel.

That argument makes no sense whatsoever. Do not give out wrong info on the forum. People will take such arguments to be true and end up ruining their engines.

Gurjinder.
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    i wonder why my statement is nonesense.