1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @chethan

Not a bad idea. Let the technician see the fluctuation of revs. And tell him that its not normal. Doesnt happen in our Linea MJD, neither in Vijay Khasa's Linea and im sure almost all others (Puntos and Lineas).

Good luck.

Gurjinder.
  2. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    hey check the air filter fitting... If its not installed correctly u tend you get a FE dip. i faced it during my 2nd service and i reinstalled the filters myself which solved my issue of poor FE..
  3. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    The first service for Linea TJet+ is indeed 5000 km. or 6 months whichever is earlier.

It seems that you have purchased the car from Rama Motors. Don't goto them for service. They are pathetic. Instead try Vivek Auto [where I got my Linea serviced] or Elegant Motors [highly recommended by others in this forum].

I also had this a/c issue last week. The a/c suddenly stopped working. It was blowing cold air only from the driver side. Took it to Vivek Auto who said that the gas pressure was low !
  4. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Normal or Premium Petrol

What kind of petrol - Normal or Premium is recommended in Linea TJet+ & why ?
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Thread Merged.
    Please search before creating new thread.

As per punto handbook, Diesel must be Normal. For petrol, octane rating should be > 91.

fuel.jpg
    Last edited: May 18, 2011
  6. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Sorry Ravi, didn't realise that a thread already existed for the same.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its ok. Just use search option before creating any new thread.
  8. gurjinder

Punjab
    FIAT India have left an ambiguity in their manual by stating that 91RON minimum is to be used. Now, someone might think that higher the octane used , more will be the gains.

But unless you remap the ECU to suit higher octane petrol , you are'nt gonna see any tangible gains.

So guys, stick to 91 RON. No premium, no hi-octane stuff.

Gurjinder.

P.S. What octane rating is the 'normal' petrol available at the bunks? Any idea?
  9. gurjinder
    i think the ron of normal petrol is 87 or 89 previously. After the latest norms came out last april the ron for normal petrol is 91
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    Yes it seems that in 13 metros/big cities , 91 RON is the 'normal' petrol now.

And that is what everyone should be filling in their petrol cars. No special fuel . That'll simply be a waste of money.

This raises another moot point : What if im in a city which is not one of the 13 designated ones ? I'll end up filling less than 91 RON.

Car manufacturers should tune the cars to run on the most widely available petrol ( Be it 87RON or any other). And when 91 RON becomes the norm throughout the length and breadth of India, then they should offer complementary ECU upgrade to get the best out of 91 RON.

Thats the way to go.

Gurjinder.