1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Well i tried this after running the car for kilometer, the temperature niddle was at the middle. Is this the right approach?
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

All this fluctuating doesn't seem right and i can't really tell without experiencing it first hand.

Sorry buddy.

Any other Punto MJD owners facing similar issues?

3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

this is a very common phenomenon, when your AC compressor is doing the duty the AC clutch mechanism engages and disengages. when engaged it caused load on the engine. when you have your AC on and pull off the foot off the accelerator you will feel as is some one is pulling the strings of your engine, you will feel as if RPM dies more quickly than without AC.
    This happens due to the pull exerted by the belts on the drive pulleys as the AC clutch is engaged.
    When the AC is off or if the clutch is disengaged you will feel as if your car is revving very freely at low RPMs.

Its quite normal, dont worry.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

@italia linea

Thats not the point. The point is the fluctuation in revs. There are no fluctuations in our Linea MJD, and shouldn't be in the Punto either.

Even our old Palio 1.9D doesnt fluctuate the revs on turning the A/C on,

5. arichakra

I also feel lose of power with AC on in my GP 1.3 MJD 76 BHP, even it stalls sometimes in lower gears with AC on. Just try to be extra cautious while AC is on.
    My normal driving style is to up shift gears as soon as possible (to 2nd gear just after starting or to start directly from 2nd gear in B2B traffic, to 3rd gear at around 20 KMPH), while AC is on I always start from 1st gear & delay the upshift a bit. Even though I can feel the difference of power due to AC in higher gears.
    Last edited: May 13, 2011
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    this is just normal . it happens in every car.
    same thing happens when you switch on headlamps.
    please note air conditioner demands very high power . even in domestic AC when it turns on we can see slight power flicker.

what we are discussing about is age old maruthi 800 issue thing. moment you turn off the AC one feels like nitro-boost applied to car else it just move like over burdened.

i bet our present day fiat cars do not suffers anything similar other than due to driving style.
    Last edited: May 13, 2011
  7. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    as discussed with my pal Dr.Yashik this evening he himself is getting 13 @ chd roads,then i feel no wonder if my punto is giving 13+ in Delhi's traffic...

how much others are getting after 15k done by their car?????
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Well, the 13.xx I am getting is in peak rush hour traffic @9am and 5pm where it takes you 10 minutes and 3 attempts each at 2 of the major traffic lights from Panchkula to Chandigarh with 100% AC. So the conditions aren't too different from Delhi.
    Don't worry, FE will improve in winters. ;-)
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Ratan Sir, so the FE will drop down after the AC upgrading?. My Grande returns back 11.1 in city driving and 13.8 on highway, the car is always below 80km/hr., as my dad is driving it.and the grande is going for an AC up-gradation shortly will give you the FE after the AC upgrading.
  10. Axn

Axn Regolare

@PS & Varoon,

Both of you have low FEs. I am driving in Delhi with lowest FE of ~18 (100% AC). Varoon why do not you try the petrol pump at moti bagh flyover? It is while you take turn at moti bagh crossing towards Vasant Vihar and it is called Gupta Service Station - Indian Oil one.