1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Mate take it to the dealer. 6.5 is way too low for the JET.. Min I get is around 9.5 in b2b traffic...
  2. arun_chak

arun_chak

Chennai
    Very Low Mileage in my Punto 1.2

Friends,

I am starting yet another thread on FE of 1.2. Though there are separate threads that speak about it. Went through most of them and found that anything between 11kmpl to 13kmpl in City with A/C on is a good FE. Taken aback by surprise though. But my fuel guzzler gives not more than 8kmpl in City. I have to admit that most of my commuting is in city where I cannot reach more than 40kmph. Now having said that I don't expect any miracle in my FE but all I want to know if this is an acceptable number. I have done 5k KMS.

I also shift gear upwards when the car reaches a decent 1500rpm. When I see that it is falling below 1500 I bring it in lower gear. This I am doing deliberately to avoid my breaks to become hard due to anti stall.
  3. devbarat

devbarat

Mumbai
    I know....6.5 Km/L is way below my expectation. I had taken it to the Wasan Motors Service Station in Deonar...they said that it may be because of the traffic and driving style..they asked me to wait till the 1st service which is at 5000 KM and I have 2800 KM to go for that! with the petrol prices rising I need to get this resolved ASAP.

Would be of great help if you could suggest a good dealer in Mumbai who is attentive to customer's problem and take an effort to resolve it quickly. I had very bad experience with Bharti Motors in Jogeshwari and hence had tried Wasan motors this time.
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Arun..can you just check one more thing..whether the ECU upgrade is needed for your car ? Did you go for any long drive ? Maybe you can plan out a trip to Mahabalipuram or pondycherry and check out the FE. Even if that comes low then there is some issue which needs to get resolved. So before getting into assumptions, let's try this out.
  5. sachinls3

sachinls3 Amatore

Pune
    Aun,

Are you sure your MID (display) is set to show you KMs and not miles? If it's set to show in miles then your car is giving you expected mileage, if not then you need to check your car as suggested by Cinju.
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
  7. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    I am getting combined mileage of 10.5 KMPL for the last 2600 KM run. Once I crossed 1K mark, my average speed has spiked to 140 KPH.

I have just reset the trip data, will post the mileage details after 50 KM run. Air filter cleaning might help a bit, check if it needs cleaning.
    Last edited: May 9, 2011
  8. arun_chak

arun_chak

Chennai
    Ya, I have set it to display KMs. Is there anything I need to unlearn to increase the FE :) ... I am curious to get tips from TFI members though I have been driving car for past 7 years approx.
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Arun- Try to drive with Instantaneous Consumption on MID. What I have noticed is that you get lower FE if you drive at low rpms (less than 1500). You said that you upshift at 1500rpm so I believe you land in 1200rpm range after upshifting. Try upshifting at 1800rpm and see if it leads to improvements.
  10. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Arun

Keep the car @ 1500+ RPM
    Check the tyre pressure
    Check the air filter and clean if it needs

Whenever I see humps, I stop using my right foot

My Jet gives me 11+ in city with sedate driving, I drive about 24 KM/Day and there are about 60+ humps, yes that is correct 60 humps (should i call mountains).

Thanks
    Vasu
    Last edited: May 10, 2011