1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    +1 to royj.
    in fact it feels heavenly to climb inclines . thanks to 207nm torque. it goes up,up and up and engine just purrs. no stress no struggling with gears .
  2. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Keeping the JET in turbo zone does solve the problem. Keeping the tempo going with full load and on twisty tracks poses a problem sometimes.....
  3. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    I recently had been to ooty where i had to cover a lot of inclines. i did not face any power-loss issue. as mentioned here, i did maintain a sufficient rpm.
    on one of the inclines i almost ran over a monkey and had to brake hard and stop. just put to first gear and changed at 3000 or 3200 rpm and rode on....
  4. urao

urao

ac issue with tjet plus

this happened some time back as well and then mysteriously became ok..now been troubling me fr the past 2 days...the blower works but no cooling....and to think my car is just 3 mnths old....

also the funny thing is the rama motors service guys hv been telecalling me for the 1st service..and the manual says 6 mtnhs or 5k km..whichever first...dunno what the issue is....will go by the book i guess....
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2011
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  6. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    please go and show the issue asap.
    recently i was given a loaner car by prerana which was a linea multijet and the tjet ac is way better than the older ones. so get it checked.
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    YES i agree with Paddeleshifter, you need to raise the rpm bit in lower gear and see the wonder taking place, the same incident happened to me when we were gng to Alibaugh in the Karnala Ghat ofcourse thats not a ghat but few steep turns, there was Swift side by side from panvel, then in Karnala the swift was behind me, then suddenly the ST has stopped and i had to come to compete halt but the change of gear took few seconds for me that time the swift overtook me and and the they were watching the punto, I just raised the rpm at 1st gear as well as on 2nd gear and overtook the swift on 3rd gear no way the swift would dare come next to me, Hahahahahaha
  8. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Wow this is excellent information for a novice like me.:p

Hoping that SID got his answers and you car is performing well right now.......:D
  9. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Thanks guys... got my answers....
  10. devbarat

devbarat

Mumbai
    Hi,
    I have been reading this thread and have noticed that the T-JEt is giving an FE of 10-12+ in most of your cases. However, I have been getting a FE of only around 6.5 since the time that I have bought this car. The car has now run 2200 KM and my running is mostly in the city b2b, basically home to work and back. the 6.5 Km/L is as per the MID display and I also checked it via the tank full mehtod.

I always fill the tank and refill once the low fuel warning light comes on. I am not a heavy rever and usually change gears below it reaches 2000 RPM.

I used to drive an SX4 before I shifted to the T-Jet. I used to get an average of about 9-10 in city traffic on the SX4.

I am not sure what exactly is causing the T-jet to give such low mileage. My expectation is that atleast it should match the SX4 if not beat it (as this has a turbo charged engine etc). If you guys know anybody in Mumbai who could help my car checked up, it would be very helpful.

Thanks