1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I am not sure about the FIAT thing.. I have seen this feature on a TATA Safari as well.
  2. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Just for further clarification ::O :

Untitled.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  3. yes.
    the needle going to the top takes a little time. but it sure goes up.
    the amber light not glowing has 2 reasons.
    1) it might be your car never went into that reserve zone of the last 7 litres of fuel
    2) There might a problem with the bulb on the display panel.
    In the latter case, leave it. They might be able to open up the thing and replaec it. but what if they cant fix it??
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    it seems you do not practice switching off the engine while it is being refueled.

the needle raises immideatly when it has been reset,i mean when car has been restarted.
  5. jayadev

when ever i go to get the fillupo done some one or the other stays back in the car, for whomi need to keep the ac running.
  6. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @jayadev

obvs theres sumthin wrong wid ur fuel indicator..or rather the calculation...get it checked..it myt be dangerous on long runs..
    Last edited: May 4, 2011
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    yeah jaydev has a thorough check up, As said by Aaron it is very useful when you are on a long drive.

Off Topic.... Aaron where have you disappeared not available of facebook :sadblue
  8. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @tony

OT:

Ya buddy lil bit less on fb nowadays....will catch u soon :)
  9. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    To cover up the turbo-lag issue,use second gear at maximum.a quick change to second gear from standstill.

i drag her to 40 kmph in 2 gear,Then change to third gear and so on....

In this way i never felt any turbo lag,in addition to that fuel is saved a lot.

every accelerator input given during non-turbo zone is utter fuel waste.since for a certain given input corresponding out put is zero..

we have to pay for the that threshold value,

Rather when we use second gear as a vital tool,we can eradicate turbo lag as well as fuel guzzling character.

i have experimented in so many ways,found this is the feasible zone.

when we have to slow down.... down shift accordingly to that corresponding speed,use minimum break.

watch your MID,(set at trip A or B with less distance) km/lit.....it will show the result..
  10. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Very good and informative thread. I went to Ooty a couple of months back on my 75HP MJD and I never felt such issue on the ghats. In fact I kept most of the petrol cars like WagonR and Ritz behind me. I was shuffling between second, third and fourth gear all through the way and kept the rpm somewhere between 1500 and 2200.