1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    so is it my bad, 40+5 or 45+5 . or is it 10litre reserve after the beep?

after hearing first beep i once did 180+km and filled 43 litres. is my fuel indicator gone nuts?

btw do not rely on auto cut off in fuel pumps they do cut when too much of air bubbles reach the nozzle .just in case if you know how much your ride is going to drink , you may possibly save some bucks in case fuel gauges are tampered in gas stations.

moreover certain auto cut off pumps happen to have feature to suck fuel back to sump to prevent overflow.

when it shows a full tank ,shake the car which will let out air blocks and you will note you can fill in again a litre to three.
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Low Fuel Warning on MID is showed when Range is less than 50 Km. Beep have nothing to do with reserve fuel
    Fuel tank capacity is 40 Ltrs + 5 Ltrs Reserve.

Gurjinder are you sure Range was shown as 13-14 Km because Range is not displayed in my car when Range is less than 50 Km.
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I guess that explains why I never got reliable or consistent FE figures from following the Tankful method. On the other hand I used to get reliable figures following the lamp glow method.

It was the same in my case as well. The dealer gave me a coupon to get 5 ltrs of fuel from a fuel station just across the road about 300 meters away. Even after filling the 5 ltrs, the lamp remained lit up..
    My normal practice is to fill in within 10-20kms after the warning lamp lights up.

Another point I have noticed is that if the car happens to be parked in an incline or tilted - say on side over a kerb and other on the road, the fuel gauge goes awry. To get it back to normal, you need to get the car on a level ground, switch off the engine and keep the car stationary for a couple of minutes. Only then the fuel gauge will will reset itself.
  4. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    ^^ also happems when u fill in full tank petrol . The needle doesnt seems to move to 'F' and does only after moving a little distance .

Also , according to manual [Pg107] there is mention of a fuel reserve warning light (amber color - petrol pump figure) which should glow when only 7ltrs of fuel is left in the tank . However nvr seen this light glow .

During a system failure this light keeps on blinking as per maual .
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thank God, the discussion has shifted herefrom my facebook wall. I thought dilip will do PhD on my wall itself. :p (offtopic).
  6. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I was expecting a better answer from you Sirji , nothing OT ...
    There also no one commented about this feature !! Strange no one found this earlier .. Or am I missing something ?

Waitng for others to clarify ....
    Last edited: May 4, 2011
  7. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey Dilip, i'll have a look at the manual and reply back. I believe that the amber colored warning light you are talking about is nothing but the circular light situated just below the "E" of the fuel needle that glows once its in reserve.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Im pretty sure the figure was somewhat near to that. Because Mohali from Joshi Motors is around 10kms. Knowing that'll be pushing the car too far , i'd filled up around 7ltrs from Sector 28 Chd, and the rest from Mohali ( where it is cheaper :p and the pump is trusted )

I'll update if ever im in a situation where range drops below 50 and whether the MID shows or not.

Our Palio 1.9D does the same. Whenever i get the diesel filled with the engine running , the needle does not move. Only after switching the engine off and then restarting , does the needle show the correct reading.
    Its a FIAT thing maybe:)

Gurjinder.
  9. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think you dont need to do this much. Just get it refilled with key switched off. Or after the car is refilled, just switch off and turn back the key to MAR position. No need to wait.

Same applied to my Hero Honda Karizma as well that comes with a digital fuel indicator.
    Last edited: May 4, 2011
  10. after the needle foes vey close to the bottom(E) the range goes blank. it does not show anyh reading. only 3 lines are seen.
    It happens almost every time i go to do the fill up.