1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. ok
    thanks for the info.
    and sorry for confusing
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I can only diagnose that much buddy. But from your description it does sound like a straightforward case of the starter solenoid.

Do let us know what was the diagnosis and repair work carried out by the service centre.

Also , it wont be a bad idea to get your battery checked. Make sure there are no shorted/dead cells in the battery.

Gurjinder.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    What is the Fuel Tank's reserve capacity

I have read in the manual that the Punto's tank capacity is 45 litres and reserve capacity is 7 litres. At 5 litres, you start getting beep when you turn on the engine.

Last week, I got the 5 litres beep, and had to continue driving because it was 10.30 pm and all pumps were closed. The fuel needle was less than 1 mm above the "End mark", and I was afraid my car would stall any time. Every now and then I could hear the beep with the MID blinking "Low Fuel". Luckily, there was less traffic on the roads and I could drive in 5th gear most of the time, and I somehow managed to reach home safe.
    Next day, I go to the nearest petrol bunk and do a full tank. It took 39.8 litres to cut off automatically. This means there was at least 4 litres of petrol still in the tank.:confused:

Now question: How much fuel will still be left in the tank after you get the beep?
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If you fill it upto auto cut-off, you can still manage 1-2 ltrs more.
  5. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    For the TJet, the manual says that the tank capacity is 45 lt, with 5-6lt in reserve.
    The last time (my second refill overall), I went for refill when the needle was at "E" (or maybe just below) and the warning had been glowing / beeping for some time. The tank took in just 40.5lt. That means that the tank contains 5lt of petrol when the fuel needle is at "E".
    Is this correct?
  6. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Fuel indicator needle is not calibrated to indicate each litre. It is calibrated for 7 litres for each mark. 3 litres stays in the engine to avoid fuel starvation and thus any damage. If you get a beep, find a filler ASAP rather than guessing the fuel tank capacity.
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    There is 5 Ltr Petrol left after you hear the beep, Its the time to save the car, Run and fill it as soon as possible, But there is also extra reserve 2 - 3 Ltr in the bay but dont test it, It will harm the engine if the bay is empty, Always fill it up when it reached 1/4th mark, to be on the safe side.
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Keep the eye on Range figures, i think that would help you to figure out how many kms you might go further.
    I am not very sure, as i have never got into a situation where it would reach E mark :p
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    When i got the delivery of the Linea from the dealer , the fuel gauge needle was as low as it could be and showed ~13-15kms range , have forgotten exact figure.

So, from the time it starts its first beep , i reckon we've got a fair bit of usable fuel in the tank = 5+ ltrs is my guess. Till it shuts down on its own to prevent airlock.

Heres how low the needle was

rsz_31032011586.jpg
  10. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @gurjinder

thats very bad dude...y din u screw ur dealer??? there shudve been atleast 5ltrs in the tank..