1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Re: Punto 1.2 Emotion

Who cribs about 1.2, should sit in Ratan's car, he will never do that again.
  2. punto-er

punto-er Amatore

Re: Punto 1.2 Emotion

I am not cribbing with my 1.2 E, but still curious what different (read 'special') in Ratan's car? Any mods done?
  3. kumarkeshav

Re: Spare Key

Would any one share the exact method to follow to order for a spare fold able key with remote? My wife and I use the same car and carry our own keys. It'd help if both of us had the remote.

The last time I had spoken to salesperson in Fiat showroom I was told that the new key will come only when we have lost old one and at one time only 1 fold able key with remote can be there. We have not lost our key, we need an extra key.
  4. Re: Spare Key

Keshav go to TASC hand over your key code card and ask them to order a duplicate key as Andy said it takes around 30 days time. I haven't got one but SA in TASC here told me about it.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    What to do with Brand new car......

Hay guys I will be getting my Punto 1.2 Emotion in next week. I just want to ask few questions. :confused

1) How much speed I need to maintain as car is new.
    2) Is that fine if I take my car to hill stations.
    3) What are precaution I need to take as car is new.

Please let me know guys.

Thanks in Advance. ::T
  6. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Re: What to do with Brand new car......

For first 2,000 kms dont exceed 2500 - 3000 rpm. And rev above 2000 rpm after the engine is hot. (even if the engine is run-in from the factory, just taking a precaution will never hurt)
    And be easy on the brakes for the above duration. Avoid emergency braking by slowing down early.
    check tyre pressure every week (just in case)

I guess there are the basic things you need to look out for the new car, based on the above queries..

Yes you can drive your car to hill stations right from the dealership (after delivery) but check tyre pressure once you take delivery..

And congrats for your new car!!
  7. Re: What to do with Brand new car......

please go through the user manual first. understand car indication if it is Your first Punto. put 1 or 2 PSI more than normal to get more fuel efficiency in long drives Congrats on your car. happy miles!
  8. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3

+1 to karthik and Chaos

Reading the car manual completely is the most important (and often the most ignored) part when you get a new car.

Good to see another Puneite with a Punto :) Maybe we should start a "Puneri Punters" club :lol

9. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

are these precautions same for 1.3 MJD?
  10. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3

@Sumit : yes