1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Guys the other day a large stone hit the rear torsion beam in the middle.
    Any idea what it might lead to?
    It was a granite stone. On the middle of the highway and it was dark. It passed from underneath the front number but hit the rear suspension.
    Nothing visible but the car jumped once when it got hit.
    Any idea guys?

Sorry off topic
    But since a thread has been opened to clarify my doubt
  2. Put a stick under the accelerator pedal top prevent you push it down. That's the best idea I got.
    Or use it on your weekends and buy the line a 1.6mjd if coming or the 1.3mjd
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @pvsuryap

How low is your mileage. Do provide us with figures ( MID figures or tank fill-refill ones) , the kind of traffic you encounter and your general driving style.

Also , i reckon it'll be a safe bet to install Ecodrive in your TJET , since you can analyse where improvements can be found.

The TJET has recorded 19.4kmpl , as reported in this thread , so in my opinion , it is certainly capable. We just need to know how to extract the best out of it.
    I request the TJET owners to report their driving suggestions for better efficiency. Especially ansal11 who achieved that 19.4kmpl.

Gurjinder.
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  4. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    why don't you try analysing your driving style with eco-drive? That may offer some tips. I have been recording my info since yesterday - will analyse today or tom.
  5. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    Hey sri ,

1) Take a torch , bend down & see it ,
    2) find it difficult ? take a mirror mount it on a stick & see it ,
    3) still difficult ? mount a mobile ( with camera on ) shoot it & then check

Hope this helps... LoL

aTUL
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    If the car jumped when it hit that beam, i reckon it was quite an impact. Visual inspection by the untrained eye may not reveal anything.

Be safe. Take it to the dealer. Hoist the car on the lift and ask for an expert opinion. Always better to be safe AND a stitch in time saves nine!

Gurjinder.
  7. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @sandeep8088, no need to worry about this,it must be the sound of guard. only do one thing,just get done the visual inspection if its too much damaged
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  8. @mescotc & @ gurjinder
    Thanks for the replies.
    Will get it checked this weekend.
    No visual damages at least. Used the mirror to see the underneath of the car.
    No scratches even.
    But the torsion beam which is in U shape got a little dent sort of thing.
  9. Guys
    Pvsuryap is out of town.
    He will be back only in July.
  10. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    The Only solution for getting the high FE that i get is "Not to get drunk on the TJET's Power". What i mean to say is, if you wanna njoy the power of the JET, there is no way in hell that nyone can achieve more than 12-14kmpl.

One suggestion I would give to everyone is, try short shifting. It really helps. Keep the Rev as low as possible without stalling the engine. Higher the revs, lower the FE and Vice versa.