1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. sudhakar

sudhakar

Ghaziabad
    Even my punto (5500 Km) is making a tak(click) sound as mentioned by madhavnarayanan. But it never happened when car is cold and it is very occasional. Let me explain it in detail.

Case 1
    After covering a good distance (say 20-25km) when i change gear while completing pressing clutch and releasing gas pedal. It makes click sound. (But it is not always)

Case 2
    If i remove my feet from gas pedal (suddenly), it makes click sound, same with the case of sudden acceleration.
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Anyone experiencing tak noise when accelerating and de-accelerating get your gearbox side engine mount tightened.
    You can check it at home also for that you have to remove the battery and battery tray.
    Now you would see engine mount visually check if all bolts are tight and rubber is in good shape.
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  3. sudhakar

sudhakar

Ghaziabad
    Thanks Vijay, I will check it on Saturday. And update here :)
  4. As per the showroom people they said it was 98 PCD alloy wheels and these were brand new ones as well. I finally brought my Punto to Bangalore yesterday. All seems fine with the A/C during the long drive from Kerala yesterday. Is it important to keep the speed below 110 Km/h for the initial run-in. I guess the new cars already comes with a pre run in done from the factory.

Anyways, I am satisfied that all my minor issues with my Punto have been rectified. He's a charm on the road.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Closing the thread.
    Please open a new thread on ownership section.
  6. sandeep8088

sandeep8088

Front under engine guard query

Today while i was driving in 4th gear ,approached a speed breaker.Shifted to 3rd gear and continued to accelerate and while passing the speed breaker heard a awkward screeching sound of the speed breaker rubbing with the car's under body.Is the under body guard of fiat punto 90hp near the engine well protected one?.Would it have caused any major damage.
    Waiting for ur replies.:(
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    It should be the engine guard hitting the speed breaker. Normally nothing happens, as it is very strong steel and protects the engine well. To be safer, always move in 2nd or 1st gear on speed breakers. Bangalore has lots of them, some totally illogical ones.
    When you are driving a brand new car the sound directly hits the heart initially, and then you get used to it. :)
    1 person likes this.
  8. sandeep8088

sandeep8088

Yeah thnx for the reply fiat lover.I usually go in 2nd gear near the speed breakers.Today was a little hurried up..:(
  9. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Don't worry. There would no major damage / harm
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    hahahahah good said fiatlover. Its the engine gaurd hitting the speedbreaker & nothing to worry about it. It happened with me when car was brand new. You will get used to it & you will avoid these type of incident
    1 person likes this.