1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Fellows.. the same problem reoccurred . I am not sure why this is happening. Before cleaning I would like to find out why this is happening. I am also attaching the snaps and I had given yellow dotted line around the place - how it would look like when there is light from the front. The whole windshield would look somewhat similar. But after 2-3 secs it disappears.If the wiper speed is minimum, it disappears before the next wipe. But if the speed is 2 or 3, then it stays.

20042011338.jpg

20042011339.jpg
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Did you replace the wiper blades? Or did u just clean the existing one?
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Looks normal to me.

Try with bit hot air and direction towards windshield.
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @Fiatlover.. wiper blades seem to be fine as it is removing the water completely. This is some kind of stain like feeling.
    @ Ravi ..will surely try that. You mean that this could be mist in the glass outside. But I think chances are less because the snaps were taken @ my home after I parked my car and this was reproduced with water spraying from wiper nozzle. This appeared as soon as the wiper was switched on during rain.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    There is some soft layer at the tip of the wiping end of the blade. It is possible that if you clean the wiper balde tip with chemicals or shampoo, the layer can be damaged and can result in imprefect cleaning of windshield. This can happen even when the balde is wiped with a cloth using shampoo+water. The damage to the blade will be hardly noticeable. What I would recommend is test with a brand new balde and see if it cleans properly. I assume the wiper blade is still covered under warranty, if the car is less than one year old.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Is there no difference to this when the wipers work WITH the front defroster working as it should?

Gurjinder.
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Fiatlover.. I am planning to take my car to the TASS this week end.Let them check . I used to wipe the blade with car wash shampoo + sponge. But if you go through my earlier posts, I had this same problem earlier say 1 month after I got my car delivered and I cleaned the windshield with some Robin Blue powder and it gave me good result. My another doubt is I am using Simoniz Wash & Wax product for car wash simoniz-concentrated-wash-and-wax-orange-hi.jpg .
    Could this in someway create this problem ?

@Gurjinder..there is no difference with the front defroster ON..
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    FYI...When you meet TASS they are sure to ask you what chemical you use for cleaning. Better dont tell them what you use. Else, they may say it's because of the chemicals used for cleaning and warranty may not apply. Punto wiper blade set costs Rs.800+
  9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Ho ho ho ...Thanx dude..I'll take care of it..:)
  10. guru

guru

Hyderabad
    Punto - Clutch and Gear Ratio

I've been driving my new punto 1.3 mjd for over two weeks now and i still cant get adjusted to Punto's full on clutch press or the gear ratio. the car jerks a bit, specially on second gear unless i'm really really careful when releasing the clutch. Its pain to concentrate on clutch release than enjoy the ride

Add to that, the ride in traffic is bit clunky. sometimes the car doesn't accelerate as fast as i know it can - kinda feels like driving with handbrake on.

anyone else facing similar issues?
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2011