1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. arka_prava

arka_prava

Kolkota
    oil change during servicing

hey guys,subho nabobarsha:D. my car is going for the first servicing in 2 days,but it has only run 953kms,a friend of mine advised me not to go for the oil change as it is not needed now but i am not sure, please advice:anyone
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    There is no oil change involved in first service.
  3. arka_prava

arka_prava

Kolkota
  4. @ cristovarghese

Did you buy alloy from FIAT or after market?

Keep an eye on the trembling in the steering wheel issue you mentioned! I had similar issue which I notice above 80km/hr. Logged it as complained during 15000km service but was fixed with alignment. Ignored this issue when it popped up again and by the time, found the tyre started worn out. Now when I complaint it again at 25000km to FIAT, got prompt call from service centre and the car was with them for 2.5 weeks. GoodYear team also came for inspection and their take is, its a bend in alloy which they say is not replaceable under warrent and they claim it is not manufaturing issue!

I am going get official mail from service centre and then raise a complaint with FIAT.
  5. @gvm,

I did not go for the FIAT alloys as they were quite expensive. The showroom ppl informed me that it would cost around 13,500 all inclusive per alloy(that is an insane amount of money just for alloys). The Hyson motors ppl changed the alloys for me, did a realignment and the problem is not there now. I hope it does not reappear again. I have a life time warranty on my Neo alloy wheels. That's what the showroom people had informed me. But if it is too small a bent to get noticed I guess it would be a hassle to follow up and get it replaced.

I guess you were using the FIAT alloy wheels...
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Cristo did you put aftermarket alloys. Are they 98 PCD. If not did you took precautions which are required?? We have threads on alloys one is from Granduer 98PCD alloys & second one is from ROYJ.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
  8. @ cristovarghese

Mine is stock alloy that comes with Emotion Pack. FIAT site say its 9k for one!

Had gone through a post in team-bhp on adding some hub or so for similar issue (for after market alloy) but not able to find that thread. Will post if I get the url.
  9. pvsuryap

pvsuryap Amatore

Hyderabad
    Well folks... the mielage is still unimpressive... I completed my first service and there are tons of minor problems that I figured... even after I took the car for service to Mallik, they were unable to help with the mielage.

What do I do?
  10. madgoks

madgoks Timido

Jamnagar
    Hi...

had the same problem.. I wrote to the VP, fiat and then I managed to get in touch with the tata motors guy responsible for my region and he really pushed things... I can pass you a few numbers for Rajasthan if it helps..

Regards