1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. HI nitin

excellent to see you here. hope you remember , we exchanged few PM's on other forum , while my friends was buying punto from rama motors . it 's been close to a year now.

coming to your question, dealer has finally relented after few twists from higher side and use of contacts and has given me VIN no and other details etc but still nobody knows where the truck carrying the car from pune is., which i find quite strange. He has punched the order on 6th april 11 , where as i paid the booking amount on 30th march .that explains the ordeal to an extend .

seeing from VIN no, it's a march 2011 manufactured car , Is this correct :confused::confused: or shall i demand a April manufactured car from dealer. :confused:

well as i am buying the CAR via CSD, it's booked with Marwar motors in Bikaner as no dealer sells via CSD in Delhi / NCR and they gave me best deal. the car variant is Punto Multi jet Emotion

Is there anyway, i can trace the transport guys here??

thanks for all your help and concern so far.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  2. Issues with my brand new Punto MJD - Emotion - Now rectified

Hi Folks,

I have been an occasional visitor to this site from the day I decided to buy my first car. I have gone through most of the threads in this forum and was happy to note that overall everyone loved the FIAT brand and quality. Finally, inspired by may of the members here I decided that a Punto MJD will be my first car.

I got my Punto MJD delivered last week from Hyson Motors in Trichur, Kerala and I have a rather annoying experience to narrate.

On my first ride in the new Punto I noticed that there was a slight trembling in the steering wheel at speeds around 65 kmph - 80 kmph. This problem seemed to disappear after around 80+ kmph. I had ordered a new set of alloy wheels for my car and I thought that the showroom people didn't do the usual realignment after fitting the new alloys. After a two day struggle with the Hyson motors team I got the alloy wheels changed. The steering wheel seems to be steady now. But then came another problem that my AC compressor won't switch on. When I called the showroom people, they said it might be some mechanical failure. I also had noticed that there was a weird sound emanating from the A/C blower motor when I increased the fan speed. This problem still exists. So in effect my car does not have any AC now. I am not able to use it for long drives. Summers are exceptionally harsh in Kerala.

I am wondering if I can get my car exchanged for a new one. I am really unhappy about Hyson Motors, Trichur, Kerala and their bad service. I must be a really unlucky guy to run into so many issues with my brand new FIAT punto MJD. Are there any suggestions that you can give me here ? Is there a place where I could register a complaint against the Hyson motors people ?

I actually stay in Bangalore. I would be bringing my Punto to Bangalore during the Easter weekend. I hope to get the A/C working in the car by then.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2011
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - I have moved the thread to Issues section.

Your first issue looks to be minor alignment. It should have been done at the time of changing wheel to Alloy (I assume it is OE alloys).

For AC, even if Hyson is telling its mechanical issue, why are they not fixing it?
    If there is any other service station nearby, try there. But first call Fiat service helpline and lodge a complain.

And if still problem persists, you should get good service in Bangalore.
  4. Ravi, sorry to have started this thread in the wrong section. Hyson might get it fixed tomorrow. They said the blower motor need to be replaced but they don't have stocks (it may take a week or so to get it replaced) and I dont know why the AC compressor doesn't switch on now. The compressor issue just developed yesterday.

Today is a holiday owing to to (Vishu) in Kerala, but what I am concerned about is why is my brand new Fiat having all these problems. I hope these are not any major issues.

But you just reminded me of calling the FIAT service helpline which is what I should do next. Thanks much for your help.
  5. jaisha8

jaisha8

Thrissur
    cristo, Sorry to read about your problems with the new Punto MJD taken from Hyson. Was everything fine while you did the PD before taking the delivery of the car. You should escalate this with the FIAT top management and also register your complaint on the fiat website so that there is a concrete proof. These are the email ID's of the top FIAT Brass. You should email it to them as well. Rajeev.Kapoor@fiat.com, ceodesk@fiapl.com, Mangesh.Kodalkar@fiapl.com Aashish.Bhardwaj@fiapl.com.

Already FIAT India is doing very poor in their SALES department and issues like this will scare away the already potential customers for FIAT.
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    If you have time to spare in Bangalore, visit Concorde motors for a checkup. They can locate and fix most of the issues. And there is no issue of unavailability of parts. You could get all these done in half a day's time.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  7. Yes, that's what I would do. But to get my car to Bangalore I will definitely need to fix the AC first. So I guess I will need to take it there for one final time, to make it ready for the long drive.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    your problems are not major ones and dont account for change of car.

they can be easily rectified. once the blower motor is in stock get it replaced.
  9. Just out of curiosity, are we entitled to a car change in case of major issues ?? I think I am just very unlucky !! But I still feel when I drive my Punto ... don't want to see failing parts again..
  10. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Just get the order no from Hyson for the blower motor. and hope you didnt skip the PDI