1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Interiors

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by Girish, Jun 1, 2010.

1. dhandore

dhandore Timido

RATNAGIRI
    Ratnagiri
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dear fiatians!!
    I too suffering from same beep sound.. I have 1.3 dynamic model.
    But I dont have BETL unit in my car..

Sent from my Micromax A110Q using Tapatalk
  2. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I had not used my car for almost last one week. Don't ask me why - that is the luxury of premanently working from home :p. Today when I opened the car door to go out for some work I was horrified to see the rear seat - it has turned grey-white. Almost 50% of the rear seat had fungus in the middle part and some parts of back rest also had fungus. It has been raining heavily in my place (Sirsi - 581401) for last 2 weeks. Almost all rivers in the North Kanara district are overflowing making it tough for people living near the river areas. Obviously humidity is very high here now. That moisture going into the car has caused this problem. Took out the vacuum cleaner and sucked out all the fungus. It looks clean now, but don't know whether it will occur again later. I was wondering why only parts of rear seat? Why not anywhere else?

When vacuuming I suddenly remembered my 5 year old son's vomit episode in last December. On the day of my sister's son's birthday we were going to Kumta (coastal town 60 kms from Sirsi where I live). Barely 10-15 kms from Sirsi sleeping boy suddenly vomitted on the rear seat. I got it cleaned afterwards and forgot about it. Now that has come back to haunt me as fungus! Fungus is growing only where the seat was wet with vomit. Little patches of fungus on the back rest are the places where he had touched with his vomit soaked hand. Looks like vomit has some fungus food for it to grow when the air has lot of moisture. Though I have vacuumed it out for now, I need a permanent solution. Is there some way to make the seats fungus free? Do we get some kind of anti-fungal treatment for seats? Thanks for any helpful information.
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Get the interior cleaned using steam car interior feels totally fresh after steaming
  4. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    For steam cleaning - can any one suggest a place in Bangalore/Mysore/Hubli please?
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Perhaps 3M?? They even do some disinfectant cleaning too for interiors.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    But this will only work on the outside of the seat cover, I dont think the disinfectant or the steam cleaning will have any effect on whats seeped inside the seats. The problem will reoccur IMO. I suppose if the seats are cleaned from inside then the fungal deposition would be reduced.

I also had this issue when my son puked during the return trip from Mahabaleshwar earlier this year (in the ghat section). Although cleaned from outside the rear seat still bears the patch marks and inspite of anti fungal treatment the patch remains although there have been no signs of fungal deposition (I guess because the car is being daily used)
  7. punto11

punto11 Amatore

assam
    hello guys, is this the famous ac drain pipe? My driver side carpet getting wet. In my case this pipe seems ok though. There maybe some other problems. any pointers on this guys? WP_20140921_001.jpg
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Is it getting too wet or do you think it is oil ? If you feel it is oil then it could be the clutch master cylinder. Check the area above clutch pedal .
    punto11 likes this.
  9. punto11

punto11 Amatore

assam
    @Cinju I don't think it's oil. It's water. Had to drive in heavy rain for two hours. Somehow windshields water leaked into the cabin. I need to solve the problem myself as there's no fass nearby. Please help.
  10. Prash1407

Prash1407 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bumping the thread!
    How do we maintain and clean the fabric seats? Its been almost 2 yrs and I have not got a interior cleaning done except for the vacuuming I do every 3 weeks.
    I just enquired with Car Cupid, Pune and he told that we do not do wet wash for fabric seats since it takes a long time to dry and even after fully dried, it leaves a bad odor.
    I am planning to get this done in Pune and as per the reviews and feedback of fiatians, I got to know about Car Culture who does steam cleaning, Shampooing etc which I have heard to be good.

I am not confused.. Can experts help how do I get the interior cleaned and any Puneites suggest a good place?