1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Interiors

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by Girish, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    I guess I should have got the 'O' ring changed in the first instance itself to avoid the second happening. since its been changed now, hoping for trouble free long trips fingers crossed.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Should post 2012 models be having this issue with the O ring or that has been taken care by Fiat?
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ghodlur- The O-rings known to be faulty were found only in 1 particular batch of O-rings that were installed in cars manufactured around March 2011. Post 2012 and even 2011 cars do not have this issue in general. It was in some cars only that had O-rings from 1 particular batch received from the supplier.
    3 people like this.
  4. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    Yeah vin decoded says mine is an April 2011 manufactured, so the above statement stays correct.
  5. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I have a similar issue
  6. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1. There is one software version which does this annoying nasty stuffs, imagine how annoying is that when you are singing out loud with the song which is playing while you are stuck at a traffic jam and the HU switches to Radio and then gets back to USB :mad:. I got this annoying Bugg after I upgrade the software to the latest release, don't remember the details.
    Anyway, just update the software with the new release and the problem gets resolved.:)

2.As discussed below after a while the switches melos down and it becomes all fine.

3. Use the Menu option on HU and turn off "AF SWITCHING" option.

4. This again will get resolved once you have upgraded your software, however from your phone you will have to completly delete the device and then start over again with the process and just don't forget to Unhide your device while searching.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  7. My car also I am facing a similar issue. About 1.5 years ago I have got the O ring changed. Balaji service center is saying they need the car for at least two days. They are saying most likely the coil needs a change. For a 5 year old car. The coil is the culprit. Anyone having a similar issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Recently on my trip to chennai, I noticed the HVAC was not cooling sufficiently. Got help from Ramesh (ramjin) to find out the contact details of Ramkay Fiat, chennai. Went there and the SA was Mr. Hussain and he switched on the AC and said that cooling is not sufficient. He suggested to get the cooling coils checked as it might be the culprit but also said that it will take some 3-4 days min. The coil for the diesel model was also not available and time too was short, so did not handover the car to them. He also showed the AC to a technician and he said that he can smell gas so it should be cooling coil or the O-ring. But i have never noticed any smell inside the cabin. Anyway, now i am back and planning to take the car to the Sri Bharat motors, bhubaneshwar to get it checked again from them as they could not solve my earlier complaint about AC. Logically it seems correct that there is a leak somewhere as the performance is gradually coming down. Will keep posted once the issue is resoved.
  9. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    Is yours a Punto 90 HP April 2011 manufactured batch ? If yes it might be due to the faulty O ring it came with. I too had faced the same issued two times. First time I just topped up the AC gas and the problem re-occurred after 2 months on another long trip and True Sai motors Salem had changed the O ring and filled the gas. Since then I have not faced any issues.
    Last edited: May 17, 2014
  10. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    The O ring seems to be a very sticky issue with all the models of Linea/Punto. Wonder why doesn't FIAL replaces all of them at their cost so that the problem disappears once for all ?